Free Legal Advice Forum ?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
12 replies 28.4K views
Bigted_3Bigted_3 Forumite
34 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
Hi,

I once stumbled across an internet 'free legal advice' forum which basically was a forum where you could ask a solicitor for advice on any point of law, etc. Unfortunately I can not remember what the site was called, can any one give me a web address for a site of this nature. I know that there is the CAB but it's quite a struggle for me to get to one. :smiley:

Replies

• AstarothAstaroth Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have legal expenses/ protection on your home insurance this will include a free 24/7 advice line manned by solicitors.

I would certainly want to know any forums vetting process to ensure that the people posting answers are qualified as they claim rather than just someone who has read a few things and think they know it all - I have seen some very wrong advice given on this forum from people holding themselves up as experts.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • LJMLJM Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    citizens advice bureaux are excellent and have online site,there used to be a site called "the law is "but not sure if thats still around
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • LittleVoiceLittleVoice Forumite
    9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    LJM wrote:
    citizens advice bureaux are excellent and have online site /QUOTE]

The CAB website is adviceguide.org.uk - this has information on various aspects of the law but I don't think it allows you to ask questions of a solicitor, it isn't a forum-type site.

You might find other legal advice centres where you can drop in in the evening (they might offer one or two sessions a week). I have worked for a solicitor who did one session a month as part of her pro bono contribution.
  • Hi I am new to this forum and have never used a forum before so i apologise for my ignorance....I have an item from Woolies, box set heroes - no discs!!, and want to know how i can get a refund. Can anyone help??
  • BargainGaloreBargainGalore Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cant they now cease trading

You could write to there administrators but you will be in a very long line of creditors
    MS_B_L wrote: »
    Hi I am new to this forum and have never used a forum before so i apologise for my ignorance....I have an item from Woolies, box set heroes - no discs!!, and want to know how i can get a refund. Can anyone help??
  • Hi,

In my Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement, I have to give 1 month's written notice to end the tenancy. If I give notice on the 1st January what is the last day of the tenancy/what day do I need to leave?

Thanks.

Taurus:rotfl:
  • NileNile Forumite, Board Guide
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL].
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • BitterAndTwistedBitterAndTwisted Forumite
    22.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

In my Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement, I have to give 1 month's written notice to end the tenancy. If I give notice on the 1st January what is the last day of the tenancy/what day do I need to leave?

Thanks.

It's unusual for a tenancy agreement to start on the first of the month. What are the dates on your AST agreement?
  • poppysarahpoppysarah Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a usenet group alt.legal.moderated I think

oh no it's
    https://groups.google.com/group/uk.legal.moderated/topics?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals