Tesco Bag Re-use points

Options
Have Tesco forgotten my green points again.

Looking at an old receipt it says Bag Reuse and lists how many bags I've re-used. Do the receipts still say this.

My last two visits to Tesco this has not been on my receipt.

Anyone else finding they are not getting the Bag Re-use points, OK I only used a few bags but if it happens every visit then it soon mounts up and there is a double points thing on at the moment.

Comments

• isualive
    isualive Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My receipt yesterday said 9 points for reusing 9 bags. I'm fairly new to tescos and was wandering if they combine the points together, when they send the quarterly statement, or are the green points for something different.
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
  • pjb007
    pjb007 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    You will get vouchers as normal, statement breakdown will have another value but other than that everything is the same.
  • Queen.Bess
    Queen.Bess Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Options
    The cashiers in most of the tesco's I go in forget to put the green clubcard points on. They don't ask how many bags you've used either, and it's not until I look at my receipt that I notice the points aren't there, and to be honest it's too much of a pain to go back in! So I am more determined in future to really make a point of asking that my green points are actioned!!
    Official DFW Nerd Club #20 :cool: Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D DFW Long Hauler #109 :o

Slowly, Slowly = Oct '09: £30693, Aug '15: £14820. Could Be Debt Free April 2020, but hoping for sooner!
  • joaniemerc
    Options
    I always try to remember to make a point to the SA about how many bags I've used (usually after she tells me the total) and I watch while he/she punches it into the till. Receipts have shown how many bags have been used.
  • pjb007
    Options
    Trouble is if I ask the points have already been added, if I don't they are not added.

I do wish that a message appeared on the screen to remind till staff to add the points on.
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The cashiers in my local store are very good. I normally use 4 very large shoppers and they usually count each one as three bags. :j It's nice to see so many people using there own bags now although I do have to have a carrier week once a month so I don't have to BUY bid liners:D
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • pjb007
    Options
    Yes I use carrier bags as bin liners to.
  • oldMcDonald
    oldMcDonald Posts: 1,945 Forumite
    Options
    Had enough with this and phoned the clubcard helpline as I wasn't getting replies from my emails to cs. After a long conversation about green points, my local Tesco Express training their staff, clubcard helpline being unable to help me and clubcard points in general the woman on the phone was so bored with our polite-but-going-nowhere-very-slowly conversation that she gave in and asked me how many points I thought I was missing. I said 22 which was how many I worked out I have missed over the past few weeks. Have found that the points have been added and wish I had asked for more *grin*

Interestingly, the woman on the phone said that it was nothing to do with clubcard helpline (probably true :D) and that she had never heard of there being a problem with green points not being given before. She was sure that it must be down to my local store staff training and I should speak to the manager.

Anyway, long point that I'm trying to make is that - if CS dont get back to you then phone the clubcard helpline and bore their socks off politely - they will give you the points in the end just to get rid of you :D
  • isualive
    isualive Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pjb007 wrote:
    You will get vouchers as normal, statement breakdown will have another value but other than that everything is the same.

Thanks for that. I tried to recycle ink cartridges yesterday, but they had run out of envelopes. 100 points per cartridge isn't bad. I'm on a mission now to boost my points.:beer:
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
  • Solomon_Broad
    Options
    I phoned up today, and was told to write a letter to head office to complain. I very rarely get them added automatically, but I've found if you go to customer services, and ask, they will add them for you. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure