edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
4 replies 780 views
Dave_HamDave_Ham Forumite
6K Posts
Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Hi all,

I am usually the one answering threads, so this feels weird...

In any case, we are moving offices and I am having a nightmare getting a broadband/phone livened up where we are moving to.

Started this 3 weeks ago and move into new office this time next week. Talk Talk got the nod originally through speed of installation and product offering. Cancelled when after 1 week they had not spoken to me, nor bothered to update.

Used a local firm (cannot recall) but they said they would be quick. Was delighted when last Tuesday they called me up and an engineer sorted it all out..

Spoke to firm this morning and they apologised for delay and I found out the engineer was Talk Talk engineer (ARGHH)

They have already cancelled line and now I am in limbo.

Local firm are more expensive and god knows what they are up to, Talk Talk are rubbish even if they did still send an engineer.

I really need to have this sorted asap, BT, Plusnet etc. are all telling me maybe 2 weeks to install but they cannot commit.

There is a line there, just need it livened up as I need to change stationery etc. and get in there Monday not on mobile broadband...!

Happy to pay a bit more to get any business that will sort this quickly...

Help please
I am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

Replies

• macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by 'livened up'?
    Do you mean that the line requires reconnection?
    TT do not have any 'engineers', any work on the local loop is done by BT OR working on behalf of your supplier, be they Plusnet. TT or anyone else. If you cancel (if that's still possible) with TT and apply to someone else, you will simply be at the back of the OR queue again.
    2 weeks for a line install or reconnection is better than average (usually around 21 working days). There's no way of jumping the queue.
    Are you really sure you want to trust your business to one of the worst rated telcoms in the UK though?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Dave_HamDave_Ham Forumite
    6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry yes reconnected - my lamen terms..

TT provided my home broadband and were always fine so assumed all ok, not my area of expertise.

Hate BT with a passion through my personal experiences and used Plusnet before and they seemed ok..

Ok - so if you are telling me no-one can move on the 2-3 weeks issue then I have to stick with the devil I know as they have just come back to me and said will be done the week after next (14 days again)

Mobile broadband for me next week, or may have to delay moving in for a week...

Thanks for a prompt and honest reply.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • edited 26 March 2012 at 4:40PM
    macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 March 2012 at 4:40PM
    Is this a TT business contract-if so you should have some sort of SLA in place which might speed things up? If it's not, you'll be in breach of the T&C's anyway, so best not to complain to them about the effect on your business.
    Unfortunately OR answer to nobody, and you cannot rely on TT to pass on any info they may (or may not) have been given about changing install dates.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Dave_HamDave_Ham Forumite
    6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gone with it all above board..

How hard is this experience, will see what happens come next Thursday!!

Thanks again
    I am a Mortgage Broker
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals