Broadband, Mobile & Landline Bundle Help

Options
Hi

I am interested in a broadband connection, a landline connection and a mobile phone contract.
The broadband need not be top of the range in terms of speed or download limits.
The landline ought to have free UK calls.
The mobile ought to have something close to 500mins and 500texts.
I do not want a TV subscription or anythin else at all.

I do not know where to go, everywhere seems to do broadband and TV or broadband and landline.

How cheap can i get the above, and do you have any recommendations as to where is best to get it?
Thanks
1dw

Comments

• HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dare I say UW £10 mobile phone 500 minutes, £20 broadband and landline, £1.50 monthly fee... or maybe Orange or O2. You could do better not bundling.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You can get free landline connection/installation for orders up to 31/3/12 with the post office (no minimum contract, £15 charge if you leave within 6 months). They include free calls evenings and all weekend.
  • 1dw
    1dw Posts: 4 Newbie
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Thanks for those responses.

Does anyone know if or where I can get all 3 in a bundle, as opposed to just broadband and landline in a bundle?

Thanks once again.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why?-there is no connection between mobile services and the other 2.
    Broadband is exchange-specific, so start with an exchange search on www.samknows.com for your LLU options-these will be the cheapest options on your exchange.
    No landline tariff gives 'free' UK calls-the calls are inclusive or exclusive depending on the package you choose. An Anytime package will give you inclusive landline calls 24/7.
    You don't say if you already have an active landline, which you will need for any ADSL broadband service.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • 1dw
    1dw Posts: 4 Newbie
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    You don't say if you already have an active landline, which you will need for any ADSL broadband service.

Thank you macman for explaining why I couldn't find a package with mobile phones included.
    I do have an active landline and shall look at the site you mentioned.
    I just thought that considering that companies, eg virgin, provide mobile, landline, TV and broadband they might do packages of them (for me excl. TV).

Thanks again, and if you have any more suggestions please do let me know.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    VM do provide all these services, but not as a bundle.
    If you want VM then your landline is of no use-you need to be in a cable area.
    Othwerwise your choices are largely driven by the LLU options on your exchange.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport