PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Loads of buys this week as one of the local AgeUk has a 50p sale on still. I got some BNWT altitude cycling shorts, Abercrombie and Fitch pinstripe blouse, trespass track top, a few dress and skirts, plus more but can't remember what right now.

From the shop where the clothing is always £1, I got 2 big winter coats and a smaller bomber jacket.
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 September 2016 at 7:47AM
    Options
    A Sainsbury clothing (Tu? ) winter coat for my grandson for 99p. Pair of Jane Norman long denim shorts for 99p (didn't realise they were jane norman til I got them home) apparently they are quite a good make?
    I won't mention the millions of summer dresses I've been snapping up for my Seychelles friend-all at 99p! X
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    bigdaftkid wrote: »
    A brand new Arran long cable jumper for just £4
    This sounds a great bargain. :T
    I'm thinking jeggings or skinny jeans and flat ankle boots.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This weekend I treated myself to a chazzer trawl in new territory to me.

Now I know I can locate books at 25p each, or 5 or 6 for £1, no longer will I buy for £2+
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    This sounds a great bargain. :T
    I'm thinking jeggings or skinny jeans and flat ankle boots.

That's what I wear mine with too! Or knee boots. :)

I got a new (to me) one the other day when my aunty was having a charity shop sort out. She wanted to know if I wanted anything to sell on eBay as they buy a lot of expensive knitwear and outdoor clothing....I came away with a bag full, and she was pleased she didn't have to lug so many items to the Chazza!

Be funny next time I see my uncle and he'll be like "that's my jumper!" :rotfl:
  • GreenBitterfly
    Options
    I went to my local Scope and spent £8 on books, they were a little more expensive than I'd normally pay, but if I didn't get them, I'd be taking a chance on the same books being available in one of the other three Charity shops in the high street.

Anyway, I bought The Fifth Elephant in hardback for £2, Steven Gerrard's recent autobiography also in hardback for £2, and Jake Humphrey's book The Inside Track about Formula 1 again in hardback for £2. I also got in paperback for a £1 each, I bought Fever of the Bone by Val McDermid, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic's autobiography. I also had to get a plastic bag for 10p!, as I couldn't carry them all, but it turns out Scope now offer a bag for life type bag for 10p. So I can easily use it to take stuff down the food bank in.
  • DigForVictory
    Options
    I bought a pocket carved wooden noughts & crosses board for 25 pence. My son peered at it for a couple of minutes & gently swung a panel open to reveal two channels for storing playing pieces in. It's now loaded with really tiny marbles, and is a distinct improvement on the clump of wood with leather thong of beads we used to play with.
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bought 4 long sleeved tshirt tops from cancer research shop....RALPH LAUREN no less!! for £2 each. fit perfectly. bargain. x
  • Lucy5781
    Options
    So my (not so little, 9lb 10oz by section after failed induction) boy arrived three weeks ago, have now managed my first trips out alone with him (DH at work now) and picked up more bits from the local hospice £1 clearance store for him.

I had worried about the amount of stuff I got for him but he went through three outfits yesterday alone lol
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lucy5781 wrote: »
    So my (not so little, 9lb 10oz by section after failed induction) boy arrived three weeks ago, have now managed my first trips out alone with him (DH at work now) and picked up more bits from the local hospice £1 clearance store for him.

I had worried about the amount of stuff I got for him but he went through three outfits yesterday alone lol
    Congratulations! Hope your LO is healthy and happy!

You'll find loads of cute items available in the chaz, just don't underestimate how quickly he'll grow in the next 12 months!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure