PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Today I bought a Boden dress, coff and cream colour with a coral band at waist evel for £6.50
    A manly looking old sleeve board for £1.50 it looks horrid but I will recover it, I've always wanted one for my dressmaking projects and this is an old sturdy wooden job.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Artytary - I'm just going to put an old wooden sleeve board that DH made me in the CS!! I did wonder about it but perhaps with all the renewed interest in sewing someone will give it a good home.
    I went into my local Hospice craft shop for some very long zips (recovering cabin seats) They had some beautiful plastic toothed double ended ones., just perfect and I paid £5.00 for the five & one of them is about 2metres long! I also managed to get a reel of thread to match the material for 50p. Its such a great little shop & draws me like a magnet ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ha! I'd say it will go quickly, The new series of Great British Sewing Bee starts next week!
    Well done on the zips.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I love reading of people's charity shop buys.

Today I bought a lovely, hand knitted by charity workers using donated wool, patchwork knitted blanket. It is huge and the colours are tasteful. At £9.50 I thought it was a great buy, it would take me years to knit something like that and I would, no doubt, give up before I finished.

The other things I bought today were 4 pairs of jeans (Adams/George/Tesco) for my grandsons. A lovely denim shirt for one of them and a GAP fleece with a hood for the other. £6.50 total.

It is funny though, I always buy for my grandsons as I know that my daughter (who could well afford to buy new) appreciates the items. But I would never buy for my other grandchildren because I know their mum, my daughter in law, would not be best pleased. I think my daughter takes after me.
  • patricia50
    Options
    In my local Oxfam shop I found an as new book, Tom Kerridges - Proper Pub Food.
    It cost me £3.99 but I've wanted it for ages and its selling for about £9.99
  • Starrystarrynight
    Options
    I bought 4 cookbooks for £5 on my last visit. I love the older books in particular, so I was really pleased. X
    From Starrystarrynight to Starrystarrynight1 and now I'm back...don't have a clue how!
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    Pair of brand new black Gerry Webber trousers for me. Still with price tag of £69 and I paid £9.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • jenhug
    jenhug Posts: 2,277 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter got a Harrods long, camel hair coat for £15, and my mum an Armani coat for £2.50
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    I had an appointment yesterday in a different town, and whilst waiting for a friend I popped into the CS next door. I managed to find a green hollister hoodie, that looks brand new for £3.50. I'd forgotten to take a coat with me because the sun was out, so it was a no brainer not to buy it. My youngest son asked me today how much I paid for the hoodie and was impressed. He is almost 12 and we are about the same size so I don't think it will be long before he nabs the hoodie for himself!
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 February 2015 at 1:57PM
    Options
    Lovely Reign weillies with polka dots on them£2 some loafer shoes -£4+ 2 white shirts for my son £2 and a Per Una coat for me. £8.50.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure