PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• TudorRose
    Options
    WEnt to local CS to donate a couple of items and came away with a brand new, still in the box, pair of Hotter shoes for the Autumn/Winter for £10.00. They are on the website for £59.00!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Goodies found today in the hospice chazza sale......

Cream, lightweight, Craghoppers, fleece....looks new, £2

Green, patterned lightweight jersey, dress....also looks new, £3

Both perfect for forthcoming touring holibobs where I will be living out of my suitcase for three weeks :j
  • Lucy5781
    Options
    Two light grey smart button down shirts from John Lewis for DSS, 50p each from local children's hospice CS.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Blether
    Blether Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Perhaps you should visit some of the chazzers in Chelsea? They make Jaeger look like a comparative bargain :o
    Last time I was in London visited every charity shop I could find in Chelsea and came away empty handed. My main aim was to get a nice bag but also looked through clothes. Nothing special but the prices seemed high. Think a lot of the better items are now sold on-line.
    There is a nice charity shop between Harrods and the museums but again is expensive. I think the days of getting hidden gems are over but I keep looking anyway.
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    yet again cs came to the rescue. I wanted some neutral coloured curtains to finish off a window with roman blinds. I had a look at dunelm and they were at least £70 i then went to a hospice charity shop and got exactly what i was looking for cost £8 absolute bargain
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,162 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a look in the new British Heart Foundation shop in Kidderminster this morning and got a new Matalan woollen tunic style dress (was £20 on price tag) and some per Una trousers. (£4.49 and £4.99).

Also got a another woollen tunic from the charity shop nearest the old Waitrose store in the Swan Centre (not the Salvation Army, the other one) for £3.49.

Onto Stourbridge where I got smaller son a lovely Zara Boys shirt for £1.25!

002-4.jpg
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Went to Yorkshire for the weekend, lots of cs's in Bingley. Found a green per una top £2.45, a green and cream Windsmoor scarf, £2 and 3 paperbacks £1.
  • Kitty777
    Options
    I got super mario galaxy, super smash bro's wii and mario party 8 for £2 each :D
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    Evesham today: Red Cross had "all clothing £1.99 or less".
    Nice pair of Per Una trousers : £1.99
    Normal people worry me.
  • mandragora_2
    Options
    sparrer wrote: »
    Broad red and orange stripes with two big matching flowers on the front, it really makes a statement! Now I just need to buy a new outfit to go with it ;)

I think you could be looking for some time :)
    Reason for edit? Can spell, can't type!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport