sky broadband

Options
on 1st march, i was looking to change from virgin media to sky for tv/phone/ broadband, i went to sky .com checked the bundles, chose the same package as virgin, i also done a broadband speed test on the sky website, got the go ahead that i could get broadband so placed my order. 9th march the tv engineer came out and set up the tv, 14th the phone engineer came out to set the phone line up, he did remark that i should have recieved my router, so phoned sky, to be told they wont dispatch the router til the line is activated, which could take 2 days, although i recieved a text that same day to confirm the phone line was active, so phoned back the next day and was told they had forgotten to process my broadband order, he done it while i was on the phone, and i got an email to confirm this, then told i would have to wait 2 weeks for phone activation for broadband. anyway yesterday i signed into sky to track my broadband order and got the message, unable to proccess your order, so another phone call later, he didnt no what was going on and would have to phone me back, he did, to tell me i cannot have broadband as the speed would be to slow to be classed as broadband and that the only option would be to try another company !!! so ive had to wait 18 days to be told i cant get broadband when there test said i could, and ive now got to pay £49 to virgin to reinstall the broadband, i feel like ive been conned into taking a product that hasnt delivered the goods, im very angry and need some advice as to what to do,,,,,,thanks

Comments

• usignuolo
    usignuolo Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2012 at 3:45PM
    Options
    Don't entirely understand the last part - you can't have broadband after all?. Presumably you checked out the line speeds available to you locally via Sky when selecting your bundle? How did you get the line speed checked out?

Usually when you talk to a supplier they check them out too before placing the order as there is no point taking orders for something they cannot supply. Maybe Sky found out they could not supply the bundle you wanted and meant to call you to cancel, only it got lost in the system and when you queried it showed up merely as an unprocessed order.

Did you sign a contract? Have you paid out anything - besides £49 to Virgin for reinstall? Seems cut and dried case to get money back from Sky if their line test showed you could get broadband and you placed the order in good faith. You need to speak to a supervisor if you have not already done so, depending on what time of day you phone you may get a UK call centre.

But still puzzled over what you initially thought you were buying/what Sky thought they were providing and why this turned out not to be the case. Can you give us any more information about this?
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    usignuolo wrote: »
    Don't entirely understand the last part - you can't have broadband after all?. Presumably you checked out the line speeds available to you locally via Sky when selecting your bundle? How did you get the line speed checked out?

Usually when you talk to a supplier they check them out too before placing the order as there is no point taking orders for something they cannot supply. Maybe Sky found out they could not supply the bundle you wanted and meant to call you to cancel, only it got lost in the system and when you queried it showed up merely as an unprocessed order.

Did you sign a contract? Have you paid out anything - besides £49 to Virgin for reinstall? Seems cut and dried case to get money back from Sky if their line test showed you could get broadband and you placed the order in good faith. You need to speak to a supervisor if you have not already done so, depending on what time of day you phone you may get a UK call centre.

But still puzzled over what you initially thought you were buying/what Sky thought they were providing and why this turned out not to be the case. Can you give us any more information about this?

Could be he checked by postcode & the actual number wasn't on the BT data base at the time,cable phone numbers don't appear on BT's checker database because the cable line isn't connected to the BT Exchange so wouldn't have shown up for about 5 days after the migration back to a PSTN line was completed.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As above, what exchange are you on and how far from it are you?
    Usie the Samknows mapping feature.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure