We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Is this cycle lane a bit stupid or is it just me?
Now the council have gone and painted a line down one side of the road and made a cycle lane. I'm all for cycle lanes but this one is odd because it runs in the opposite direction to the one way street! I'm sure its very useful for cyclists to be able to go the opposite way but while eating lunch nearby today I saw 3 pedestrians nearly get knocked down by cyclists because they were unaware of the cycle lane and only checked in one direction for cars, as you would on a normal one way street.
I can see the benefit for cyclists but it does seem a little dangerous, anyone else think its a bit silly?
Rant over
Comments
-
No, quite common actually.... Though conflicts have occurred in places like Cambridge, with drivers actually aiming for cyclists (driving into them), because they appear to be riding the wrong way.
It's amazing how many people don't realise that cyclists can use bus lanes too.“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”
<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/0 -
One in Leicester too. Does seem a bit odd, but at least it's right outside the hospital!...
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
0 -
How about this cycle lane then? It's in Coventry...
0 -
Think all cyclists should just stick to right hand side of pavement.0
-
pulliptears wrote: »How about this cycle lane then? It's in Coventry...

Only just enough room to paint the bikes in!
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
0 -
bengalknights wrote: »Think all cyclists should just stick to THE ROAD, except where a cycle land directs them elsewhere.
Corrected your mistakeBritish Ex-pat in British Columbia!0 -
pulliptears wrote: »How about this cycle lane then? It's in Coventry...
Or this one:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1263069/Britains-shortest-cycle-lane-opened-Cardiff--just-8ft-long.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7547129/Council-condemned-over-Britains-shortest-cycle-lane.htmlOnly two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein0 -

That's a photoshop I can tell by the pixels and having seen a few photoshop in my time.0 -
And the other one was in the Daily Mail.
The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life.
0 -
Mankysteve wrote: »

That's a photoshop I can tell by the pixels and having seen a few photoshop in my time.
Nope it's real. OH works for Coventry council and it's a bit of a standing joke there.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

