Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• countryman_2
    Options
    Half an O today.
    4kw PV fitted 4th July 2014 (Green Energy NW £5600). WSW facing, 30 deg Pitch, Unshaded, Samil Solar River inverter, 16 Solar World Mono panels, Iboost on Immersion Heater. located in mid Lincolnshire.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    15 Watt red pygmy bulb arrived in the post today to plug into my "export indicator" (wired to iBoost output) but no chance of testing it. Perhaps tomorrow.

So ........ just to clarify ......... when the red light comes on, you (your household?) get all excited, and things start to heat up?

How did you do Mart; :cool:

Hiya Oscar, are you worried about getting spooned? Well my generation yesterday was approxi

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT BEHIND YOU?

bye
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Hiya Oscar, are you worried about getting spooned? Well my generation yesterday was approxi

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT BEHIND YOU?

bye

:T

I'm worried about being spooned today! Haven't you got thick freezing fog over there in Welshland Mart? Visibility is about 50 metres here at the moment and ice clinging to everything. Yuck!
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    :T

I'm worried about being spooned today! Haven't you got thick freezing fog over there in Welshland Mart? Visibility is about 50 metres here at the moment and ice clinging to everything. Yuck!

Nope, no fog here, no chance of a spooning, vision here is perfect, or at least I assume it will be if I wipe the thick grey layer of dust off my glasses currently preventing me from seeing out of any of the windows. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Much like the weather site that claims we'll have wall to wall sunshine all day starting at 8am.

At least I assume it'll be wall to wall sunshine once the [STRIKE]fog[/STRIKE] I mean dust burns off. No wipes off, I mean once I wipe the fog off my glasses, NO wipe the dust off ...... oh sod it, just give me the damn spoon again, I've started carving them into traditional Welsh lovespoons, making quite a side profit.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Andy_WSM
    Options
    :rotfl:

I want whatever he's having ^^^ :T
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The red pygmy should be tolerable.
    Just make sure you don't place it in the window...may get some strange folk knocking on the doorsmiley-sex014.gif
    :TI'm worried about being spooned today!
    OOEERR I say, best get yourself over to Sterlings house, just keep an eye out for the red light!!smiley-laughing025.gif

ps, no fog, no ice, just nice hazy sunshine, cooking my sunday dinner on the cheap
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Andy_WSM
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    Just make sure you don't place it in the window...may get some strange folk knocking on the doorsmiley-sex014.gif

OOEERR I say, best get yourself over to Sterlings house, just keep an eye out for the red light!!smiley-laughing025.gif

ps, no fog, no ice, just nice hazy sunshine, cooking my sunday dinner on the cheap

LOL. You lot are nuts - in a good way :rotfl:

No cheap Sunday dinner here today. Not even covering my background load at the moment :(

Yesterday was a small environmental disaster here too - imported about 40kWh from the grid :(
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yesterday was a small environmental disaster here too - imported about 40kWh from the grid :(
    OUCH!!
    I've never imported that much in 1 single day...EVER, not even before I changed all my white goods, tv....etc etc. Even now in the depths of winter we max out at about 15kWh on a bad day.

ps,
    You don't need to be mad to post here....but it helps!!
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Andy_WSM
    edited 8 February 2015 at 11:05AM
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    OUCH!!
    I've never imported that much in 1 single day...EVER, not even before I changed all my white goods, tv....etc etc. Even now in the depths of winter we max out at about 15kWh on a bad day.

ps,
    You don't need to be mad to post here....but it helps!!

Do you have Gas though?

Before I fitted the Air to Water heat pump I could burn 100kWh in a day with electric heaters!

edit - I now average about 30kWh per day, which for heating & hot water and all things modern living isn't too bad, is it?

I used to have Gas, but got fed up of boilers breaking down & the cost of replacing them - long story short, 3 boilers in 10 years...
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,871 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LOL. You lot are nuts - in a good way :rotfl:

(

I am starting to think that myself! smiley-fart001.gif
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories