edited 19 December 2019 at 11:25PM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
27.9K replies 1.8M views

Replies

• EricMearsEricMears Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep off the Lager Eric!

Interesting speculation - but wrong. The distant hills were blurry on the way to the pub; coming home they were behind me.
    NE Derbyshire.
    4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).
    BEV : Nissan Leaf e+
  • Martyn1981Martyn1981 Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EricMears wrote: »
    Interesting speculation - but wrong. The distant hills were blurry on the way to the pub; coming home they were behind me.

That's what happens when you drink too much, blurred vision, and the belief that everything is behind you! :beer:

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • OscargrouchOscargrouch Forumite
    4K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    EricMears wrote: »
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    That's what happens when you drink too much, blurred vision, and the belief that everything is behind you! :beer:Mart.
    Apart from anything indoors, I again speculate:rotfl:Good day today 17.5kW. On the way up..March was 263.8; April 249.5 and May, so far is 276 on the nose.:beer:
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • edited 28 May 2012 at 9:57AM
    sly_dog_jonahsly_dog_jonah Forumite
    1K Posts
    Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 28 May 2012 at 9:57AM
    By all accounts it's been a cracking week. 7day rolling average is now up at 19.8kWh/day, and 14day equivalent is 16.3kWh/day, just shy of record 17 achieved at end of March. Oh and a new record 24.4kWh yesterday. Long may it continue!

Just need some overnight rain to refill the water butts and water the grass.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • KevinGKevinG Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    KevinG wrote: »
    Tantalisingly close to the 30 Apr all-time record - 12.87kWh vs 12.92 kWh (2kWp system). I depollinated and de-birdmucked the panels this afternoon so hope for better tomorrow!
    Nope - 12.63. Seems like that layer of pollen was having no effect.
    Baxi Ecogen 24/1.0 Micro-CHP boiler installed Oct-2010; 2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017.
  • GaryMo_2GaryMo_2 Forumite
    116 Posts
    It's been great, that's for sure!
    Last 7 days generation totals 194.614kWh with an average of 27.802kWh. Record day too on Saturday with 28.73kWh.
    PVGIS is currently standing at 106% with 4 days to go :)
    16 x 250W JA Solar Panels (JAM6-60-250) : Fronius IG TL 3.6 Inverter : South Facing : 28 Degree Pitch : No Shading : Manchester M46
  • tunneltunnel Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My 1.96kwp system managed 13.56 yesterday,my best day so far and my system is facing ESE,looking at some of the figures on here i don't think that's bad at all.
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire
  • GaryMo wrote: »
    It's been great, that's for sure!
    Last 7 days generation totals 194.614kWh with an average of 27.802kWh. Record day too on Saturday with 28.73kWh.
    PVGIS is currently standing at 106% with 4 days to go :)

That's a very consistent performance: your average is within 1kWh of the peak.

We have just passed PVGIS target, which seemed inconceivable after the rubbish start to the month.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • Kernel_SandersKernel_Sanders Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    KevinG wrote: »
    I depollinated and de-birdmucked the panels this afternoon so hope for better tomorrow!
    What equipment did you use to achieve that and what was your technique?
  • KevinGKevinG Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    tunnel wrote: »
    My 1.96kwp system managed 13.56 yesterday,my best day so far and my system is facing ESE,looking at some of the figures on here i don't think that's bad at all.
    Yes, my 2kWp SSE facing system has never quite managed to exceed 13kWh. What's the rating of your inverter? I'm fairly sure mine is limiting the output as although it's rated for a maximum of 2kW of panels, its rated maximum output is 1575W and I have only occasionally seen higher than this.
    Baxi Ecogen 24/1.0 Micro-CHP boiler installed Oct-2010; 2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017.