edited 19 December 2019 at 11:25PM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
28K replies 1.8M views

Replies

• OscargrouchOscargrouch Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    7.9kWh today..getting worse:eek::mad:
    Further to my last post; perhaps energy companies don't want to fit 'smart' in case they have to pay more than 50% in Gen Tariff ? :o
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    14.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WestonDave wrote: »
    Main import meter doing "naughty" things at the moment but I guess they'll swap that once the FiT application goes through.

I very much doubt it. There seems no connection between FIT payments and meter changes. Even people who have been hassling suppliers for a meter change have not had it happen for more than a year so I wouldnt hold your breath.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • WestonDaveWestonDave Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim/Kernel - yes its going backwards which I would imagine is in their interests to change because its deducting units at 9p as well as me getting 3p for genuine export units (I assume they will probably estimate the loss but even so!). However as I'm with EDF and apparently they are still working through Decembers FiT applications - as you say I won't hold my breath.

Just scraped over 13Kwh yesterday - mainly by virtue of the system still going well into the evening - close down was 20:40 on Wednesday, haven't got yesterdays download off yet. Still the scaffolding has gone so we're getting back to normal!

Haven't got it hooked up so I can see what its doing live over the net whilst at work but have found a very nice online weather station which is within panel flinging distance of my house so at least I can see what the weather is doing - even gives a solar strength reading!
    Adventure before Dementia!
    4.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another fine day 8.7 kWh:mad:
    My total for March was 263.8:j
    For May to date is 156.7 with only 13 days to go:( I may beat March if my average for the next 13 days of the Month does not drop lower than 8.7 kWh per day:j
    I am 47.4% to my yearly target todate:money:so there is hope yet:T
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
    5.2K Posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    9.92 for today - theoretically we're still going but at a massive 9W (is that really possible at that low level!) I don't think we're going to make much dent on that!

Have now got the old British Gas monitor rigged purely to the consumer unit tails so it now reads correctly what we're using - as it stands we're just up on the day 9.89kWh used.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better as there's a fair amount of washing needs doing!
  • EricMearsEricMears Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Managed 10.9 here. Now familiar 'saw tooth' pattern instead of the ideal 'normal distribution' curve. Did manage a load of washing but had to pay for some of the heating cycle. Otherwise stayed (just) 'in profit' most of day.

Unusually, the 'Metcheck' weather forecast page has stayed readable for a couple of days now - that's predicting our next cloudless day will be Wed.
    NE Derbyshire.
    4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).
    BEV : Nissan Leaf e+
    4.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does 2.9 grab you? That was the score for Saturday:eek: Well at best it is better than a 0.3 - my lowest on 30th Dec 2011.:rotfl:

4.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    4.0 today :j

5.2K Posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must be seriously grim "oop north" Oscar - I though my 10.5, and heading for 10.9 (maybe 11 if it brightens for the last half hour!) today were disappointing for May. Unfortunately its also meant the school clothes won't dry properly out on the line so I'll have to finish them off in the tumbler.
    4.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    WestonDave wrote: »
    Must be seriously grim "oop north" Oscar .

Right, even having to pay for running my PC at the moment unless I turn off fridges & freezer and no kettle boiling. Current production= 0.5 Kw