Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Nah! 3 O's here. Might have been better but my mate popped round to render our extension, so it rained every time we switched on the cement mixer.

Expecting the same again today, once the wraps come off the mixer. :sad: Starting to understand why builders pay high prices for those waterproof and armoured radios. It's almost like the rain is watching and waiting each time for the reappearance of leccy kit?

Mart.

So the intermittent rain is down to you I take it!!!!!!!
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 July 2015 at 5:47PM
    It's good news on the Ovo Smart Gateway. It now works via MyOvo on my computer screen. I am now able to see accurate grid import figures. The graph here shows hourly averages.

150717_ovo.jpg

The system does not record export, but rather oddly it prices export at the import price. Export is indicated, however, by the negative sign.

150717_1_ovo.jpg

It would be a nice future enhancement if export as well as grid import could be graphed. Readings are regular so that there is a good level of granularity.

150717_2_ovo.jpg

Vitally export is ignored when working out grid import power and related costs.

And I can log in while I am away from home. Far better than a dedicated IHD. I think Ovo may be the only company providing this facility.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,542 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    Will do. I'll start a thread over the weekend to track how things are going. Been out looking for charge points today, which was interesting - will save the story for a new thread.

With regards leasing - RIGHT NOW is a good time as the Government grant currently applies to leases, so a lot of the cost is paid for by that! I couldn't resist a brand new car for £150 a month - mine was devaluing quicker than that!

Any news on the Zoe.

Looked at the Nissan Leaf, Renault Zoe and the Yaris Hybrid.

May test drive next week:)

Offered a Zoe Dynamique for £599 dep + £89.00 a month(36) £45.00 a month

battery rental (3000mls annually)with final payment of £7200.00 to buy.

Not bad for a new car:)

Problem is my (Mrs l's) car does 40+mpg and we (she) only do 3000mls a year in it = £400.00 a year ish:shocked:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    A/an Hawaii on the snowt again.....coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    4.13 ho's for us today!!

Not bad considering there was not much sun today!!

Edwink ;)
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    4.68 O's (18.61 kWh)

The day improved after a wet start.

Passed 300 kWh for the month today.

Passed 5 Mega Watts yesterday after 14 months.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    4.16 ho's yesterday, 3.84 today.

Where's the weather gone?! Looked better up at St Andrews than here, probably more Scots around here though!!
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,542 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hawaii + 2.1 kWh here today:T
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • ely_ellis
    ely_ellis Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Not at home, I'm working away at the moment until next month, so no idea what the weather is like at home.

The missus is suitably clued up on the usage scenario and is keen to use everything in the day. She has taken to watching the meter quite well and seems to be keener than me to use our lecy! Hope she keeps it up.
    When she switches something on she runs outside to the lecy cabinet to see if the LED is on or off. If on, she is happy (exporting), if its off, she waits for a burst of sunlight. (Is this excessive behaviour?).

We went to our little tourer caravan last Sunday and brought back the caravan kettle, it is rated at 650w-850w, so handy to use when generation is low, (morning and evening), better than the 3kw normal kettle.

Not sure how many days I have missed on here but looking at the stats I can see:
    Monday - 2.11 'O's
    Tuesday - 3.01 'O's
    Wednesday - 6.47 'O's
    Thursday - 6.47 'O's
    Friday - 4.60 'O's

So not too bad for a newbie generator! Getting well into it now!

Martin
    Martin (With an I)

4.00 kWp System, 15° East of South, 35° Pitch, 16 (250w) x 8.33 Eternity Panels, Solaredge Optimisers and SE4000(16A) inverter, iBoost. Just North of Gainsborough, Lincolnshire.
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ely_ellis wrote: »

We went to our little tourer caravan last Sunday and brought back the caravan kettle, it is rated at 650w-850w, so handy to use when generation is low, (morning and evening), better than the 3kw normal kettle.

Getting well into it now!

Martin
    I think you'll find that a good proportion of the regular posters on here use a travel kettle, no one wants to pay to boil a kettle if they can help it!!smiley-laughing014.gif

Another Hawaii yesterday again, turning into a decent month
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback