ASOS - Anyone else experienced problems with Collect Plus?

Options
Long story short - spent £244 on ASOS and used their new fangled Collect Plus service which delivers the package to a store in your local area.

There's been a load of mistakes by ASOS and eventually the parcel was tracked and had arrived. I haven't been allowed to take it home as I do not have the right code for the store to release it to me. Between ASOS and Collect Plus I'm being batted back and forth and really at the end of my tether with it.

I can't get the package, which was next day delivery - it's coming up to 3 days now. I also now refuse to keep ringing ASOS on the 0844 number to find out what's happening.

ASOS have blamed Collect Plus, but admitted to me last night there are loads of customers unable to get their items as they haven't received a code via SMS to release the parcel from the store and that the mistake is down to ASOS.

Is there anyone else experiencing the same problem with ASOS and Collect Plus and are they as frustrated and fed up as I am?

Not sure how to resolve this but have thrown it back at ASOS to sort once and for all. Needless to say I won't be using ASOS again.

Comments

• tomwakefield
    tomwakefield Posts: 8,036 Forumite
    Options
    Long story short - spent £244 on ASOS and used their new fangled Collect Plus service which delivers the package to a store in your local area.

There's been a load of mistakes by ASOS and eventually the parcel was tracked and had arrived. I haven't been allowed to take it home as I do not have the right code for the store to release it to me. Between ASOS and Collect Plus I'm being batted back and forth and really at the end of my tether with it.

I can't get the package, which was next day delivery - it's coming up to 3 days now. I also now refuse to keep ringing ASOS on the 0844 number to find out what's happening.

ASOS have blamed Collect Plus, but admitted to me last night there are loads of customers unable to get their items as they haven't received a code via SMS to release the parcel from the store and that the mistake is down to ASOS.

Is there anyone else experiencing the same problem with ASOS and Collect Plus and are they as frustrated and fed up as I am?

Not sure how to resolve this but have thrown it back at ASOS to sort once and for all. Needless to say I won't be using ASOS again.

How badly do you want the goods? If you aren't too bothered about getting them, tell ASOS that you have not received the goods and you are cancelling the order under DSR, for a full refund. It's then up to ASOS to arrange collection from the Collect Plus place.
    Competition wins: Where's Wally Goody Bag, Club badge branded football, Nivea for Men Goody Bag
  • bionic_woman
    Options
    Hi Collect Plus
    I did email collect plus yesterday, as advised by ASOS with all my details to get this SMS code and received an email back teling me that they can not issue the code as it doesn't come from them! They said that when the parcel is scanned a code is automatically sent via SMS or email. I tried to collect the parcel on Monday 12th March and when it was scanned no code was sent via text or SMS.

And furthermore, ironically in the email, Collect Plus then went on to tell me that I would need to provide the bar code on the parcel so they could look into this further!

I can't get the parcel and so can't provide the bar code as I'm waiting for a code from Collect Plus before I can collect the parcel! What a ridiculous situation! I emailed Collect Plus back asking this question and how to proceed but of course, there's been no reply.

So, I've been on the phone this evening to ASOS who have told me that Collect Plus issue the code and in all honesty I'm fed up of the incompetence of both companies. Nothing is worth this, I've asked for a refund and have given up on the parcel. Needless to say I won't be shopping at ASOS again or ever using a service that is connected with Collect Plus.
  • bionic_woman
    Options
    How badly do you want the goods? If you aren't too bothered about getting them, tell ASOS that you have not received the goods and you are cancelling the order under DSR, for a full refund. It's then up to ASOS to arrange collection from the Collect Plus place.

Hi Tom

Thanks for this, what's DSR?
  • mariepal
    mariepal Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 21 June 2012 at 2:37PM
    Options
    Hi I have had a number of parcels that were not picked up for a few days from my local shop and the driver apparently had set his own rules
    I emailed the chief exec and got a very quick response from the director of logistics which to be honest I was impressed with.Still not sure if I will use them in the future as generally the customer service is poor if you use the email option and I now have other issues to tackle with them in terms of non delivery and broken items
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure