how often do you get a win?

Replies

• hatful-of-hollowhatful-of-hollow Forumite
    942 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Only started doing lots of comps two weeks ago, but have had eight wins already - only little ones, but they all count !

• ribjinnsribjinns Forumite
    65 Posts
    Only started doing lots of comps two weeks ago, but have had eight wins already - only little ones, but they all count !

Woah! That's some good comping work/luck you've got going on! Keep it up :T
    2016 Wishlist:
    PS4, Holiday, Books!
  • edited 13 March 2012 at 3:36PM
    DUKEDUKE Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 March 2012 at 3:36PM
    I'd say that I average 1 a week, but these are usually just small wins or what I call a really good freebie. I've just had a thought - if it wasn't for winning 1 of a 100 or 1000 then I'd probably never win anything.
  • MimiJaneMimiJane Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I enter loads of comps. and average about 1 win a fortnight. Had a really good January, reasonable Feb. and nothing in March (yet!). Only small wins thus far, but tend to win a couple of "biggies" most years ... here's hoping :)
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • I'm with the 'not very lucky' club I think! One win of a chocolate bar since I started comping back in January and plenty of time spent on it!:wall:

I keep looking at my emails and phone in the vague hope some nice competition promoter contacts me...:doh:
    Makes my signature look a bit forlorn really!:(
    Occasional comper, even more occasional winner!
    :beer:
  • badamsgirlbadamsgirl Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Normally 2-3 a month for me, generally small wins, but i guess every win is a bonus :) Still waiting on my first march win.
    Good luck for 2022 Comping! Stay Safe Everyone!

My Aug 2022 Wins: Pair of moonstone earrings (IN), kids book (IN), bag of chocolate (web), theatre playhouse (IN), bag of chocolate (web), 4 kids books (IN), £125 (web), box of brownies (IN), palmstone (IN), bag of chocolate (web), english heritage annual membership (IN)
  • TaloolahTaloolah Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It varies from nothing for weeks to maybe 2 wins in a day. No pattern of wins, but then for me that's the interesting bit as I never know when a win may come along.
    Many thanks to the wonderful staff at Birmingham Childrens Hospital caring for my tiny and very poorly grandson who was born at 29 weeks. Thanks to them he is getting a little stronger every day.:A:A:A
  • ... Never :(

Fingers crossed though!
    :beer:
  • Um last win was july last year lol but im still hoping lol :)
    2013 Wins: :j Box Of PG Tea :j 4 Day Moisture Body Oil Spray by Sanctuary‏ :jZebra Pen :jAzerbijan Eurovision Press CD :jMaking Breakfest Easy Book :j22 007 Films & 2 Aftershaves :j
  • Thanks to OP for this thread!

Just looked back through my wins since I started almost a year ago and realised I won 33 prizes (worth about £1000) between starting in March 2011 and December 2011 (averaging just over one win a fortnight) and 4 prizes between January this year and today.

Although I used to win more at the beginning than I do now it was a great reminder of some the the nice prizes I have won (for free!). Plus looking at it overall I have won 37 prizes in the 12 months I have been comping so that can't be bad.

Reading through this has given me back the enthusiasm to enter more comps which I have been lacking over the past few months!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals