Cancelling Talktalk Contract Early

Options
Hi everyone, I am after some advice regarding pulling out of Talktalk contract, I have been with them since May 06 phone & July 06 BB. The same as everyone else I am sick of their unreliable connection, poor customer service, I haven't the energy to go into all, the bottom line is I want out NOW.

I have put everything in writing explaining that I am looking elsewhere and am not prepared to pay the £70 early exit penalty. How do I now proceed, I want to transfer to Virgin Media and they can do this is 3 weeks, should I phone Talktalk and tell them, before waiting for a reply to my letter. Would anyone advise cancelling my direct debit and asking for a final bill, rather than let them charge me the exit fee. I do not want to put myself in danger of being in breach of contract or any debt collectors after me.

If I have to pay the £70 I will reluctantly, as I just want to move to reliable service, but i wish to avoid this at all costs.

Can anyone please advise me on the best route, or tell me your experience if you have tried to get out.

Many thanks

Comments

• gertie
    gertie Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there
    Whatever you do make a record of your contact date and if possible always follow up by a letter stating this is a written copy of your telephone conversation, of whatever date.

Please do be careful - read my experience

kind regards
    gertie
  • gertie
    gertie Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    hI GERTIE AGAIN

We are now at the stage where we are receiving monthly bills which increase each time by the monthly DD if you try to telephone the number quoted in the letter they will tell you they are only there to take payment if you ask to be transferred to communications they will tell you that they are not on the telpephone, so whatever way you go you will end up being charged, my only suggestion is ofcom but from previous correspondence that still does not deter TT from there antics. I think it is at a stage where you have to hold steady and not be put off and see where it goes and start telling them that you will charge for every letter and phone call you make to them. It seems evident that their organisation does not know what it is doing from dept to dept. but remember if the bailiffs do come round (as they threaten) not to let them in and do not be bullied. As stated in my other correspondence we wrote to them asking for a 2nd time how they came to there request for money and true to form have not received any correspondenc.
    JEM17 wrote:
    Hi everyone, I am after some advice regarding pulling out of Talktalk contract, I have been with them since May 06 phone & July 06 BB. The same as everyone else I am sick of their unreliable connection, poor customer service, I haven't the energy to go into all, the bottom line is I want out NOW.

I have put everything in writing explaining that I am looking elsewhere and am not prepared to pay the £70 early exit penalty. How do I now proceed, I want to transfer to Virgin Media and they can do this is 3 weeks, should I phone Talktalk and tell them, before waiting for a reply to my letter. Would anyone advise cancelling my direct debit and asking for a final bill, rather than let them charge me the exit fee. I do not want to put myself in danger of being in breach of contract or any debt collectors after me.

If I have to pay the £70 I will reluctantly, as I just want to move to reliable service, but i wish to avoid this at all costs.

Can anyone please advise me on the best route, or tell me your experience if you have tried to get out.

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport