Aircon Regas - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Aircon Regas

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
28 replies 99.4K views

Replies

• haribo85haribo85 Forumite
    23 posts
    Sorry to reopen this thread... but what with the hot weather, it's reminded me that my air-con needs to be re-gassed sooner rather than later, and I am looking to get it done as cheaply as possible.

Looking on this thread people have said it's around £30 at Kwik-Fit, but looking on there site it's from £49.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
  • neilmclneilmcl Forumite
    15.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haribo85 wrote: »
    Sorry to reopen this thread... but what with the hot weather, it's reminded me that my air-con needs to be re-gassed sooner rather than later, and I am looking to get it done as cheaply as possible.

Looking on this thread people have said it's around £30 at Kwik-Fit, but looking on there site it's from £49.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

If you read the other threads you'll notice that they say KF often have "offers" to get it at the low price. Clearly the offer isn't on at the moment, that's all.
  • s_bs_b Forumite
    4.5K posts
    its an offence to fill an air conditioning system if theres a leak so quick flit have to check this first so its not customer relations its a legal requirement

this was a public service anouncement
  • Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K posts

Am I missing something?

Thanks

As I said in post#3
    premier wrote: »
    Formula One currently have a special offer for air-con regas of £29.00 :)

Offer still on. Why look anywhere else?

(All these automatic filling machines check for leaks and won't fill if a leak is found)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • edited 24 March 2012 at 11:46AM
    worried_jimworried_jim
    11.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 March 2012 at 11:46AM

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Went to finally get mine done yesterday and they have put the price up to £49 now the sun has come out. I didn't bother getting it done as I am confident they will soon have a "half price offer" of £25 so they can claim you are getting a good price. Everywhere I've looked is now £49. You snooze you loose.

edit-just checked Formula1 and they are still advertising £29- do Kwik fit price match?
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edit-just checked Formula1 and they are still advertising £29- do Kwik fit price match?

In my experience they are competitive when they know a customer's not in the habit of issuing blank cheques. Give them a call, you lose nothing by asking.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• avantraavantra Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Re gassing in winter is always cheaper.
    Five exclamation marks the sure sign of an insane mind!!!!!

Terry Pratchett.
  • stevec59stevec59 Forumite
    281 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Any one know of any deals on at the momment?Halfords are doing £49,but I have seen people posting to avoid Halfords.

Steve
  • As above anyone know anybody doing it cheaper? :)
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • neilmclneilmcl Forumite
    15.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a look at your local main dealers, they too have aircon offers that often match, if not beat, the likes of KF & Halfords.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support