Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,916 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Bit of a later update today, but I had hospital appointment this morning - I'm wearing a 24 hour ECG at the moment and am pretty fed up with it. I expected the monitor bit would have a clip and could be worn on my jeans, but no, it hangs around my neck and pulls on it. Not cool. Glad it's only till the morning.

Plastering went well yesterday but between that and the snow, I didn't get out at all all weekend :( So today, after the hospital I went and helped mum with niece. We had a nice lunch and went for a walk.

MS things:
    * Work done on Sunday, so I could have today free
    * Slowly ploughing through OP, but the website is so slow!
    * PA survey for £2.10 done
    * VB poll done, Swago done so hit SBs target.
    * Ebay sales, so ~£20 to savings

NY resolutions (not going so well!)
    * Kitty playtime over weekend
    * Only 5k steps Sat and Sun, but was decorating on Sat, so different sort of exercise.
    * Failed abysmally on podcast and yoga this morning. Did do evening class homework and quite a bit of prep yesterday though. Can't do yoga in this stupid monitor :(

Gratitudes:
    * Nice time with Mum and Niece earlier
    * Nice walk - saw some birds (nothing exotic, but still) :)
    * 2 bulky items out of house via ebay

Have a nice evening all
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• themadvix
    Options
    Morning all,

Sorry for the grumpy update yesterday - lack of sleep (still the case) and the monitor were combining to make me very miserable. Monitor has been returned to the hospital, so I am a much happier, if still exhausted, person.

Was meant to have my hair cut today but have cancelled as it involved a journey I really didn't fancy in this sleep-deprived state. Instead I shall be staying in for parcel deliveries and then popping into town for the cuppa and muffin I won. Plenty of work to get on with too.

MS things:
    * Back into SBs after a couple of days of lack of focus
    * OP up to date, VB poll done
    * YG survey done
    * Refund requested for missing item in supermarket delivery

NY resolutions:
    * Abysmal day again yesterday on steps, but did go for a walk and tried to top up a bit in the evening. Doing well today though - 3 phone calls and have been walking round the house for all of them
    * Podcast and yoga - not done again today as had to take DH to station this morning and am exhausted. Looking forward to their return tomorrow though (might try to fit one or both in later, but sleep takes priority)
    * Kitty playtime - managed this :)

Gratitudes:
    * DH cooked lazy dinner last night
    * Looking forward to my free muffin later
    * Evening class tonight (if I'm awake - but we've not got another for 3 weeks, so I don't want to miss it; DH has said he'll take me if necessary)
    * Snowdrops coming out in the front garden :)

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• ch4rly2002
    Options
    I'm sorry you weren't feeling too chipper yesterday but I'm glad your in better spirits today :) I don't blame you avoiding a journey if you're not 100%, best to stay safe and wait for the deliveries. I hope you're back to your usual self tomorrow - it's no fun when you're not well x
    Mortgage: Mar 2018 -£300,000 / Jul 2021 -£255,000
    Student Loan: March 2011 -£18,275.04 / Jul 2021 -£10,425.28
    Joint Savings: Aim £13.5k. Dec 2016 £1,700 / Jul 2021 £36,600
    Loan to In-Laws: Sep 2010 -£48,185.82 / Apr 2019 £0
    Car Loan: Sep 2018 -£16,265 / Apr 2019 £0
    Credit Card 0%: Nov 2016 -£4,500 / Apr 2019 £0
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry to hear you have felt exhausted. Hope the ecg results are good.
    Hope you enjoy a good sleep tonight - its not fun trying to push forward with resolutions etc when you are so tired!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • themadvix
    Options
    Morning all!

Slept much better last night, so am back to feeling a lot more on top of things. Saying that, I have rather a long to-do list! Thanks Charly and Earthgirl - you're both so right, it's not fun and it's very hard to get stuff done when you're completely exhausted.

I very much enjoyed my free cuppa and muffin yesterday. I parked in Herr A's for free (spent 45p on mozzarella I wanted anyway) and sat and did some work whilst eating my winnings. They'd really made an effort as the voucher I had to collect for it had a picture and said congratulations - it wasn't just a 'voucher', IYSWIM. Met some friends when in Herr A's too, so it was nice to have a chat with them :) Picked DH up from station (he'd been oop north for a meeting) and he was back early enough we got out for a short walk. Even managed evening class just about (I did have a nap yesterday afternoon).

I've got lots of work on at the moment too, which is good, although it's slowing down my non-work to-do list achievements!

MS things:
    * Free parking yesterday (at the hospital in the morning too - £3 saved, result!)
    * Free afternoon snack :)
    * Didn't waste evening class fee by missing it
    * SBs target reached; am working on it this morning.
    * OP at £12.45; VB poll & £2.40 survey done and YG survey done; MS rewards collected

NY resolutions:
    * 10k steps done yesterday -hooray!
    * Cats played with
    * Podcast listened to this morning, about to do some yoga now (had a deadline I needed to get work done before so didn't do it first thing.

Gratitudes:
    * Dinner out with DH tonight at our favourite pub (we got a voucher for £15 off, which is a free meal effectively - too good to miss out on)
    * Free muffin yesterday
    * Walk with DH last night, it was good to get out in daylight
    * Not having to go anywhere in the rain that is lashing down at the moment! :eek:

Have a good afternoon all!

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds good to me, madvix! Lovely use of vouchers and whatnot, let the good times roll :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • themadvix
    Options
    Morning all,

Dinner out last night was good, but we hadn't read the voucher properly - we had to have two courses each, which made it a bit pricier than we were expecting.... Never mind, we had a nice time.

DH is away tonight at a conference, so I've arranged to meet the friend who I owe a birthday dinner from July, so I'll be out again tonight. She's letting me surprise her, so we're going to Chiquitos (we've been on holiday to Mexico in the past and she likes spicy food) - there's a 50% off mains voucher available at the moment, which is both unusual and will make it much more reasonable (fortunately she's also on a perennial diet, so I know dessert won't be on the cards!). Two nights out in a row though!

In the meantime, I've done some work this morning and I need to crack on with decorating prep (sanding, wall washing etc.) - if I write it down here, I *must* do it! Then, on my way to meet friend, I'm going to pop into Guide hut and do some decluttering there.

MS things:
    * Haven't hit SBs target (and didn't yesterday) - it's 70 and without a survey that's just too high. Am on 30 though, so if a survey arrives, it should get me there. Still undecided on what to get with SBs though.... I can't use the NT card towards my membership as it's done by DD, so I'm at a loss.
    * NV survey done
    * VB poll and 25p survey done - nearly up to pay out again :)
    * MS rewards - just remembered these, clicking through the news now.
    * Zizzi spin done - don't think I'm going to be claiming a £20 voucher somehow!
    * Entered a few comps yesterday (and one to win tickets at local cinema :) - fingers crossed!)

NY Resolutions:
    * Podcast and yoga - done :)
    * Kitty playtime - done :)
    * 9,100 steps yesterday - not quite at target, but I made sure I was walking when I was on the phone and DH and I went for a walk around the block after dinner, so effort was being made. I hate to think how few steps I sometimes took before I had my fitbit. I am noticing the difference too - I've lost the few pounds I put on in Oct/Nov :)

Gratitudes:
    * Sunshine today :D
    * Nice time out with DH last night
    * Dinner with friend tonight (also great as I'm not good when DH is away and I don't see anyone for 24+ hours)
    * Rhubarb is coming up in the garden
    * Dad sent me a pic of a sparrowhawk eating the remains of pigeon in his garden yesterday - great wildlife!

Have a great afternoon all! :)

• ch4rly2002
    Options
    Enjoy your dinner with your friend :) Chiquitos is awesome, even better with a money off voucher!

Have you thought about using your SBs for a PayPal payout? That way you could decide later what you want to get with the money (I'm new to SB so I don't know if there is a better exchange rate for vouchers as opposed to PayPal).
    Mortgage: Mar 2018 -£300,000 / Jul 2021 -£255,000
    Student Loan: March 2011 -£18,275.04 / Jul 2021 -£10,425.28
    Joint Savings: Aim £13.5k. Dec 2016 £1,700 / Jul 2021 £36,600
    Loan to In-Laws: Sep 2010 -£48,185.82 / Apr 2019 £0
    Car Loan: Sep 2018 -£16,265 / Apr 2019 £0
    Credit Card 0%: Nov 2016 -£4,500 / Apr 2019 £0
  • themadvix
    Options
    Thanks Charly, I'll give that some thought.

Had a lovely evening with my friend last night and it was bargainous too - £19.70 including tip for both of us! Fortunately she's the sort of friend who'd think you were stupid for not using a voucher if there's one available (she even does S&S), so it wasn't awkward!

Today will consist mostly of work, with some decorating and then Brownies thrown in for good measure. Did some decluttering at the Guide hut last night and put up an information board about the fundraising, in the hope it might encourage the leaders and the parents to get on board (have asked for a quick round up of info from each group which I need for a grant application and only one has replied so far.... not inspiring!).

MS things:
    * Have just cooked off a batch of chickpeas, which I'll freeze once cold (leaving enough for korma on Saturday night) - that's if I don't eat them all first!
    * OP at £12.70; VB poll done; SBs at 25 and ongoing; Zizzi spin done
    * Voucher used last night saved me £12
    * Washing online... at least to get the worst of the damp off
    * Brought home the last of my tortillas from dinner last night as I couldn't eat it - lunch today then :)

NY resolutions:
    * No kitty playtime last night as I was out :(
    * <7,000 steps yesterday :( but the wall washing and sanding were physical exercise, so that covers it I think. Friend and I went for a short walk to stretch our legs after eating, so some attempt to move was made!
    * Podcast done, yoga not today

Gratitudes:
    * My plastic-free ways no longer get me weird looks from people (e.g. about straws in restaurants)
    * Lovely evening with friend
    * Work continues to steadily flow in - it's helping me feel my visualisations of our planned summer holiday might come true :)

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I hope that holiday does come around :) and that was good work with that voucher, really brought the cost down of your night out :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure