Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Love a warm pair of socks....definitely money saving. Have even had the woodburner off here thanks to the tog rated socks!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,916 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all!

I slept better last night (have had three nights of very poor sleep), so am feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning. Work has been completed (for the time being), a 200 point MM survey done and daily comps entered.

Off for lunch with sis and niece (we're going to a street food market in the nearby town, but I suspect it will be a let down and we may end up in a cafe) and have lots of jobs to do while I'm out.

MS things:
    * 50p YG and 50p NV surveys done
    * 200 MM survey (I had to force myself to do it as it was longer than I like, but actually interesting and about NHS budget allocations)
    * VB poll done
    * Free apples from Freecycle man stewed ready for crumble
    * Heating still off (although I have realised that it's actually not that cold, so it's not surprising!). Socks and sheep keeping me warm (he had emergency surgery yesterday as he was leaking!)
    * Voucher for free pizza from entering comp :D Now I have another two of these, so DH and I don't need to share next time.

Going to Sains for a top-up shop later - will be redeeming my 1000 point voucher while I'm there, which equates to another Pizza Express meal next summer! :) (I'll also use the triple points voucher while I'm there).

Gratitudes:
    * A sunny day
    * Lunch with sister
    * A chance to get out of the house
    * A good night's sleep (these last two are very important - I was miserable yesterday evening)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sainsbo vouchers! I have Sainsbo vouchers I can use - thanks for the reminder. Must start using them, I have some stock up items I need to buy.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I’ve been leaving it too long between posts for me,I e definitely been making a few different spending choices, I’m going to post more too to keep myself accountable. Hope lunch was nice.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • themadvix
    Options
    Whoops.... so much for posting every day! It's been an eventful week though, including a trip to A&E on Monday evening and I've spent the rest of the week doing very very little and trying to get over what I think is a fairly nasty virus (heart palpitations and all).

I haven't done much, but also haven't spent much... Have managed some work and some comps. Missed out on going to the theatre to see the show I'd won tickets for - we were meant to go on Wednesday, but I just wasn't up to it. In-laws went instead and said it was great though.

Am still taking things slowly and resting a lot, so will get back to proper posting soon.

MS things:
    * Not eaten a lot!
    * Not been anywhere!
    * Comps entered when I've felt up to it
    * Work done (most of it, declined a couple of bits and my main client knows I'm not well, so isn't pushing for deadlines)

Gratitudes:
    * I'm alive! (Honestly quite scared on Monday)
    * DH has been wonderful at looking after me
    * In-laws enjoyed the show

Back soon!

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Gosh MV!!! I hope you're all better asap! Take care of yourself! x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • themadvix
    Options
    Thanks Jess. Still not my usual self, but have a doctors appointment tomorrow. Am concerned that we have a busy month coming up and I can't afford to be running below par - just worried the docs won't take it seriously, but I guess I have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

Not much happening here, although have spent some money on needed shoes and clothes - online. Also took up the T&M offer of 32 tulip bulbs for 32p (plus P&P of course, although still only 16p each).

DH and I spent the weekend sorting paperwork and computer filing - we have an amazing program (free download) that finds duplicate files for you - so everything, including our many, many copies of photos are being streamlined! (In the process have discovered that our ancestors lived next door to each other in Southwark in 1881 - it brought 2 copies of the same census image up - with different file names... I'm not sure we'd ever have noticed otherwise!)

MS things:
    * 75 SB survey and 50 SB SWAGO submission - nearly at 1000 now.
    * Have just claimed £9.58 in NW rewards and transferred this straight to savings pot.
    * Comps
    * Occasional other surveys... but it has been quiet (must check PA)

Gratitudes:
    * Am feeling better, although this has plateaued
    * Friends box set binge-watching
    * Two friends had happy and healthy babies over the weekend

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good grief! You poor thing - I hadn't caught up till just now. Hope you're feeling a *lot* better.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope you continue to recover, take care!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hope you are feeling better. Love the story of your ancestors living next door to each other....how amazing.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback