Bt Cut My Line In Error!!

Options
Hi all...
Not sure if this is in the right spot - please feel free to move me along if it is..
So, long story as short as possible..
I run a small online business from home - I was renting a flat and BT provided my phone line for Internet use only.. I then bought a house but as it needed some work doing I kept the flat on. I called BT and asked them to put a new line to my new property but also stated that I wanted the flat line to continue as I had approx 4 months left and would be running my business from there.
So, you guessed it – they cut the line to the flat by mistake – I called, complained and they managed to get it set up again the next working day… BUT Tiscali said because BT had closed the line it would take them 15 working days to set it back up again … I went through every channel but there was nothing to be done..
Due to the nature of the business I could not work from another system – I have all of my stock in the house and therefore could not just work from anywhere..
I reckon this has cost me around £4000 in lost income…
Also, when I first complained to BT they admitted responsibility and advised they would get the initial advisors manager to phone me – still waiting!!
What should I do from here – I would rather not involve solicitors… anyone had anything similar happen????
Thanks in advance…
:confused:

Comments

• mrJ_5
    mrJ_5 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    the question is though, were you running the business over a business telephone/broadband subscription - i know it might not really matter, but B could use that against you if you try claiming against them
  • devmcc
    devmcc Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there
    Thanks for the reply - well no, it was just a regular line rental - I didnt use it for calls at all.. just the internet..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure