moving from pipex to sky problems? help

Options
Has anyone else had problems leaving pipex and moving to sky?

After trying to join sky broadband for the last 2 weeks today i finally find out why i cant.

Up to now BT has been rejecting the order and finally found out that sky and pipix run through llu which means i cant use a mac code to swap

i have to completly cance from pipex in 7 days time wait 48 hours for the line to clear and then order sky and wait 7 days for connection. im fumming as we got tio go without internet accsse for around a week - 10 days and theres nothing i can do about it as far as i can see

any advice much appricated!

Comments

• Blackjack_Davy
    Options
    Ok it seems the problem is you're already on an LLU connection with Pipex. Regular IPstream Pipex customers shouldn't have any problems migrating in to Sky. It's migrating out thats the problem. Standards for MAC's on LLU's havn't been agreed hence the Pipex one won't work on Sky and theres no way around that yet. Hopefully in time this will be sorted out.

I'm going through exactly the same thing myself: migrating from Pipex to Sky. I'm going ahead anyway: at £5 a months its ludicrously cheap and as Pipex's service is now abysmal I was going to migrate anyhow.
    Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit the Internet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure