Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lilbobz wrote: »
    my complaint is based around not knowing I had it
    Almost 11 years after you were last charged for it, it's hardly surprising you had forgotten you had it.

Sounds like the Bank have upheld your complaint for entirely different reasons than those you gave. If the redress is not a large amount, the Bank may even have decided to uphold your complaint without investigation to avoid any FOS fee.
  • Montysaurusrex
    Options
    Hi, I think I have a Mortgage PPI claim against the Woolwich. It's from 20 years ago though and I don't think the Best Woolwich is in existence any more. any ideas anyone?
  • Montysaurusrex
    Options
    Ignore the "Best"!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I think I have a Mortgage PPI claim against the Woolwich. It's from 20 years ago though and I don't think the Best Woolwich is in existence any more. any ideas anyone?

Was it bought via the Woolwich or a broker? (many woolwich mortgages were broker arranged).

Most MPPI complaints fail. It is not like loan and credit card PPI. MPPI is still sold today and is just one of two types of PPI that is. Things like 12 months sick pay dont work with MPPI as you see the FOS reject complaints on that basis. So, why do you think yours was missold?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • sallymander
    sallymander Posts: 278 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all,

Just wanted to post that last week I filled out the resolver form and was only able to filll out limited details, as the policy was sold to me 16 yrs ago and i hadnt got the paperwork anymore but a week later i was repaid £1,704 so if you're unsure just give it a go.
    Official DFW Nerd Club No. 1150 - Long Haul Supporters Club No 186 - Debt free 26.5.17
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • Geoff71
    Geoff71 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    i had to make just one claim for ppi , can I still make a claim for reclaiming ?
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Geoff71 wrote: »
    i had to make just one claim for ppi , can I still make a claim for reclaiming ?

You can still complain. However, your reasons for complaint are much reduced. You can't say you didnt know about it. You cant say you were not eligible and you cant say you didnt need it.

If your complaint is successful, the amount paid out under the claim is deducted from the redress.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Holembar
    Options
    Am desperate for information on whether there was a time mortgage brokers were not indipendant and worked for or were payed by the banks. Took a mortgage 20 years ago. Was sold ppi given the number for a broker by the bank, met the broker at the bank. Now the bank are claiming the broker sold me the ppi. However I am sure at the time all banks were selling ppi and making to sound as if without it you could not get the mortgage. Any ideas?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you were sold mortgage PPI by a broker, it is to the broker that you must direct your PPI complaint. If the broker is no longer trading your complaint is at an end. In addition, brokers were not regulated until 2005.

You cannot complain that "all banks were selling ppi and making to sound as if without it you could not get the mortgage" as that is a broad generalisation which simply is not true
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Am desperate for information on whether there was a time mortgage brokers were not indipendant and worked for or were payed by the banks.

Yes there was. I used to be one. Indeed, on a number of occasions, I would have the client meeting in the branch of the society/bank that I was recommending despite not being a direct employee of that bank but of another bank.
    However I am sure at the time all banks were selling ppi and making to sound as if without it you could not get the mortgage. Any ideas?

In the 90s, there were many deals that required a purchase of MPPI to get the deal. Where that is the case, it was not mis-sold.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback