ISA Transfer problem and banks service.

Options
Hi,

About 6 weeks ago I went into a banks branch and asked to transfer some ISA's over to them, I filled in all the paperwork which was sent off to them. I rang today after 6 weeks to see what's happening and it took them a while on the phone to find my paperwork and I was told it had been lost in their internal systems. They've said they'll backdate all interest to the day I sent off the forms but I'm appalled at their service and their excuse.

They've said they're going to investigate and get back to me but has anyone had any experience like this, I feel that if I hadn't rung them today, then I might not have heard anything till I eventually called them up.

Is there much that I can do in this situation? They've said their complaints team will be in touch.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It would seem they are going to investigate the matter and have recorded your enquiry as if it was a complaint.

With the best will in the world, mistakes occur but they seem to be doing their best to rectify the situation so that you will not lose out as a consequence.

Although I accept your point, I don't think a formal complaint would get you any more unless you are looking for additional compensation.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • isayhello
    Options
    Thanks, I agree mistakes can happen but this seems like it would have just gone on and on if I hadn't contacted them.

I'd like to think their poor service is worth more than just a sorry.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    isayhello wrote: »
    I'd like to think their poor service is worth more than just a sorry.

And the bank clearly feels the same, which is why they are going to backdate the interest so that you haven't lost out at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure