Natwest - ttransfer in 3.9% for 2 yrs

Options
Hi,

I am thinking of transferring 2 of my ISA's into the Natwest Fixed rate ISA, 2yrs, 3.9%.

I have a little concern though, this is a good rate and yet it hasn't been mentioned on here as one of the best rates around, why is that? Am I missing something?

Thanks for any replies.

Sue

Comments

• blueberrypie
    Options
    A search on this forum brings up several threads about Natwest ISAs, including this one: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3769837&highlight=natwest
  • SueDerbyshire
    Options
    Thank you so much for this response. I thought there was something funny about it.

I am going to wait until March 15th to see what's out there. I don't want my money in an account and it's not earning much but I can transfer my money from the 15th March so makes sense to wait and see.

Thanks again.

Sue
  • martinm1
    Options
    Thank you so much for this response. I thought there was something funny about it.

I am going to wait until March 15th to see what's out there. I don't want my money in an account and it's not earning much but I can transfer my money from the 15th March so makes sense to wait and see.

Thanks again.

Sue

The account must be opened and transfer requests in by 29feb otherwise not available. transfer in must be made by 28th march, suggest you open and write on the transfer form the date you want the transfer to happen otherwise you will earn 0.5% until 4th april.
    micheal5kr.gif
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    I remember looking at the Natwest account when I appeared, the headline rate looked good, but when you consider you get something like 0.5% for the first month, it works out closer to 3.57% than 3.9%, so I stuck my ISA in NCBS @ 3.7% instead, which is also more flexible (transfer or close without penalty as long as you give notice)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure