PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• chips1959
    chips1959 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hey all,
    Spent £42.45 in Morrissons this weekend on enough fresh stuff (bread, milk, sandwich innards, salad/veg and lunchbox snacks) to last at least a week, which leaves £66.16 in the budget, to last til 01.04.12. All main meals are accounted for until then.
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2012 at 10:14PM
    £2.25 spent at Morrisons yesterday on a pineapple and some hot chocolate sachets for work.

£25.75 spent at Bookers on teabags, two lots of crisps (naughty!) and some reduced strawberries, grapes and 1kg of houmous :eek:!

The teabags will last for ages as there's 1100 in the bag. I've portioned up the houmous and it's in the freezer so I can just take out a pot at a time.

I don't think i'll get the crisps again as when they're on a good offer at the supermarket, they work out cheaper. I won't need any for a while though as have 60+ packets now :D

I went to see my grandma today with my dad and stepmum who brought lunch along (yummy), so the mince i'd taken out to make meatballs tonight wasn't needed. I've used it to make some little pasties for lunch for a couple of days instead as not home til late tomorrow night to do anything else with it.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 March 2012 at 11:17AM
    Just back frommy DDs,we went for a fabulous meal at a new French
    Resturant, my DD, and her DH,his Mum, my DGD and me,really enjoyed it.As we left the Mums were given a card containing a voucher for free photo shoot and free photo and a lovely gift wrapped present of chocolates.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.
    Slimming World at target
  • Just reporting a few spends 25.03 in Al** although I seemed to have a trolley full, 5.49 at M&S for just 2 items so hardly a bargain and 4.24 at a local SM. This means I have just 15.21 to last until the end of March. As this is my 1st proper month I'd love to come in on budget but like a few others on here I think that I may have spent too much on stocking up at the beginning of the month. On the positive side I still have plenty of meat in the freezer and tins in the cupboards. Not sure whether to do what others have said next month and stick to a weekly budget.:(
  • angelavdavis
    angelavdavis Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all,

Well have managed pretty well since last post. We went to Lidl on Saturday and topped up on fresh veg, milk, yoghurts, etc and I invested £3.15 in their own brand junior nappies (13Kg+). I have been using Drynites for lil man at £3.45 on special for 10 at Asda. They seem a better fit, a good buy and are easier to remove and dispose of as they have a sticky tab at the back to roll the thing up in the morning with. I was even more impressed when I realised there were 20 in the packet! I did treat us to the Ribeye steak for Saturday night - 2 x 2packets and can recommend the quality. Husband is back at work for the first time since his adoption leave tomorrow so is going to be an interesting week. Good luck all!
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    hi....was planning a shop at aldi today but ds is sick and isnt going to school so that is cancelled for now....might go this afternoon if he is a bit brighter...just eaten a leftover sandwich from mothers day tea for breakfast....we love our leftovers here

going to do a stir fry for tea...veg will be a bit limited in it if i cant get to the shops but i can still make it with what i have in so thats good....wanted to make another dundee cake as last one was good but that might have to wait

take care tess
    onwards and upwards
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning folks.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed their Mothering Sunday.

I was given the weekend off and DH and the kids did everything for me. Unfortunatly I now have to do all the jobs they didn't. Also DH didn't cook anything that I had planned over the weekend and booggered up my meal plan and used stuff that I had allocated for other things so I need to get a shop in and I hate to say it but I didn't particularly enjoy anything that he cooked.

Anyway I am off to try and catch up with the thread.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    morning all
    hope everyone is well
    end off last week and weekend went to pot as kitchen appliances were all disconnected and out of the room due to floor being relaid and kitchen painted so from wednesday evening meal has been chips twice subway once and sandwiches twice made a change to actually cook yesterday. also ended up spending to save and shopping was split between iceland and morrys as i had 2 £5 vouchers to use. spent more than i should have but will claw back by end of next month.

off to update sig and do meal plan for week now
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Morning all, just a small spend of £4.71 to declare on some of @ldi super 6 and reduced price cereal (F&F) - never tried it before but have to say its really nice.

Also splashed out and spent 0.66p on a bag of Lid! oven chips, they don't really fit in with my diet/healthy eating plan but it was one of those occasions when I got the idea in my head and nothing else would do, they are now hidden at the back of the freezer :D

Signature is updated but I can see the remainder disappearing very soon, I've been eating out of the freezer and store cupboard for weeks and stocks are getting low now.

Hope you all have a good week.
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bodmin789 wrote: »
    Wow you must have some good charity shops, although I look I never seem to find much.

I was really surprised with my haul as well because like you I never seem to find much. But I was well chuffed.
    XSpender wrote: »
    My plan for next month is to put all the gluten containing foods in one drawer in the freezer and shelf in the cupboard and eat them up just in case coeliac disease is confirmed in my biopsy next month.:(

Good idea. Just don't be tempted to go GF before the biopsy or you may skue the results. Hope it all goes well for you.
    Rosieben I hope you are ok xxx

Tiger feet I hope your OH is ok and hs interview went well xxx

Hmm! yes, haven't seen her around for a little while. Hope everything is OK Rosie.

Thanks for the thoughts Thrifty. He didn't get it unfortunatly and is a bit gutted. With teaching you have an all day interview and then they deliberate while you wait and they then tell you whether you have the job or not. They deliberated to 6.30pm before giving the results. So it must have been a close thing as they spent so long thinking about it. He got home 11pm that night and was knackered.

We have spent the last couple of days looking at what else is coming up and he has finished one application and has started another.

He asked if we could have caulli, brocolli and bacon cheese for Thursday dinner as he needed some comfort food. So who am I to deny him :D
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills