We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheapest place for raspberry canes?

Options
2»

Comments

• Jesmond1
    Options
    I've just bought some online from JP Parker - 30 for £19.99 plus £3 delivery. You get three different types one being yellow!
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The fruit bushes at Lidl are £1.49 but are going to be 4 for £5.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This time of year your local allotmenteers will be digging them out and composting them - they spring up everywhere. We dug out 15 last weekend. So if you are really moneysaving, ask on freecycle if any allotmenteers have any that need digging out, then take a space and go get them!
    I spent the morning Thinning my "Autumn Bliss" and shareing them with lottie neighbours so an ask on freecycle is a good idea.
  • mi_jardin
    Options
    I gave some away recently on freegle, so it may be worth putting a request on your local site.
  • Humbug_2
    Options
    Always remember that with fruit and veg, its all about the variety and quality. Make sure you know what varieties you are buying and what to expect from them. Canes from discount retailers are usually pretty weedy and will take a few years before they produce much. Canes from a good garden centre will be much stronger and produce more fruit sooner. They will be more expensive from a GC but the difference will soon be re-couped by more and better rasps. Imho cheap is seldom a sound investment. But you pays your money...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure