PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Bathroom cleaning cloths dilema

Options

Comments

• rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Options
    I have different colour cloths for the bathroom - and a specific one for cleaning the outside of the loo. After use they go straight in the washing at 60 then line dried
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mine get chucked straight in the washing basket
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I clean the toilet with toilet paper which gets flushed. The rest of the bathroom gets any blue cloths or sponges that come in the mixed packs and they nuked for 2 minutes before being added to the household wash.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    I buy the value baby wipes from Tesco or Asda for cleaning the toilet, they're also great for giving the sink and window sill a quick wipe over but I do like to use an old fashioned cream cleanser (like Cif) and a sponge scourer for the bath, I find the sprays just don't do the job as well.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • abwsco
    abwsco Posts: 979 Forumite
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Mine get chucked straight in the washing basket

So do mine.
  • mummyroysof3
    Options
    Mummyroysof3- can I just congratulate you on your success with the OU, not an easy route to gain qualification. Well done.

thankyou...just started level 2 so i hope i can keep up the good work:)
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • ixia
    ixia Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Options
    I just buy the value ones and throw them in the bin when I am finished.
  • jarvo28
    jarvo28 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    I use blue clothes off a roll for the loo then bin .
    And any cloth for bathroom then get washed at 60 with the rest of the washing .
    mum to 2 little boys,
    6 hens,
    1 husband,
    trying to make ends meet
    May GC £150
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh I'm so going to get shot down in flames for this, but can't keep quiet any longer (so what's new? you say ;))

Am I the only one who thinks there's a terrible waste of paper etc., getting flushed down the loo? Being not only OS but O (old :o) I very seldom buy paper products, baby wipes and the like, maybe a pack of baby wipes once a year to go on holiday with. I have been known to add a drop of water to the wipes as I've used them so seldom they've dried out.

The loo and the pipes behind it get cleaned with an old kitchen dishcloth, hot water and disinfectant (Zoflora is great value for money) and once a week left to bleach overnight. Probably not so easy for families but living on my own I can leave the bleach in for a good 6/7 hours.

The rest of the bathroom is cleaned with a separate old dishcloth, Cif and a splash of disinfectant. Both cloths are washed out and left to dry over the pipes in the airing cupboard, which always smells nice and clean from the dried disinfectant.

Tin hat on, ready for the flak!
  • PixieDust
    Options
    No flames from me :)

DD cleans our bathroom...she starts with the mirror and window sill, then the sink and bath and finally the loo; then the cloth goes in the wash basket....we're all still here ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure