PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Bathroom cleaning cloths dilema

Options
Something really bothers me and I wondered if anyone had come up with a solution - or maybe I just need to be less obsessive!

Cleaning cloths and sponges in the bathroom - once used where do you put them to dry? I usually rinse them out, leave them on the radiator till they dry, then put them away in a bathroom cuboard. My kids and hubby will stuff them behind the sink or toilet which I find rather objectionable but then usually I'm just pleased they cleaned the bathroom at all! A friend of mine just washes them and hangs them on the line - not keeping particular cloths for anything as she says they all get washed and aired anyways. I asked my Mum who works as a cleaner, but she says they use disposable paper towels and everything gets binned. I just hate having cleaning cloths hanging round the bathroom waiting to dry.
No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!

Comments

• PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'd put them on the clothes line, once washed. The UV rays from the sun will disinfect them.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • shebangs
    shebangs Posts: 297 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2012 at 6:38PM
    Options
  • DollyDabbler
    Options
    I only use a cloth to clean the sink, bath, sill and blind, this is then washed out and put on the bottom rung of the towel rail to dry. The toilet is cleaned with either kitchen roll, which is binned or a cif cloth (which I bought when on offer and am trying for a change) and this is then binned. :)
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I use either old flannels or cut up old towels to clean my bathroom, I use disposable wipes to clean the toilet. The cloths are dried out in the airing cupboard after use and then washed.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use a sponge on the bath, sink and window sill which is then rinsed in hot water and dried on the radiator and put away in the bathroom, I use disposable wipes to clean the toilet.
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    I use either old flannels or cut up old towels to clean my bathroom, I use disposable wipes to clean the toilet. The cloths are dried out in the airing cupboard after use and then washed.
    I use old tea towels, cloths and sponge scourers that have been used in the kitchen then once they're past their best they go into the bathroom. It's handy having the airing cupboard to dry things out of sight.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    I use an ecloth or microfibre cloth for the bath and sink, then put it over the shower screen to dry. It's washed with the towel wash @ 60 degrees.
    Toilet is cleaned with disposable (flushable) wipes every day, and a toilet brush which is put back in the holder with a little bleach.
    Normal people worry me.
  • mummyroysof3
    Options
    i have a cubby hole in the bathroom where i keep my cleaning bucket so my cloth just goes on side of bucket to dry.I use disposible wipes for toilet.
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • vouchersrme
    Options
    Mummyroysof3- can I just congratulate you on your success with the OU, not an easy route to gain qualification. Well done.
  • Riversong
    Options
    The sponge sits on top of the medicine cabinet drying. My cloths are old t towels. I just blast them in my once a week 60 wash to de nature any nasties then dry them on the line/radiator if it's raining.xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure