We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    RAS wrote: »
    Look horridly like a version of land banking. I would want to speak to the local planning folk and have in writing that they are happy with the scheme.

land banking?

is it a scam then? should i remove the link?

as in principle it seem good, and does solve the problem of affordability of someone wanting a bit of their own land ( but no perminant accomadation)
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have been really worried aboput rozee. No one bookmarked details of where she lived? Anyone get her a dress for a new home card? I wish i had......i would love to drop her a line to let her know we are all thinking of her.

It does raise the contact outside of mse again.

Pretty sure I have it, but it was on the computer that died. :eek:However, I did get most of the stuff out of that before it expired, so I need to dig around a bit. :o

I'll PM you later if I can find anything....:)
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 June 2012 at 8:03PM
    Options
    Thats fabulous davesnave, now, can any one tell me by pm what her real name was?!

I will tell her we are all thinking of her.

Edit: card written and just waiting for a name. None being available i will sign in to her as we know her and send it tomorrow, so she should get it monday with luck.
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aw, bless. I'm here! You are all so sweet to be thinking of me. I feel a bit guilty that I haven't got any more dramatic a reason for being away other than being up to my eyeballs in the move, then an immediate trip to Sheffield for half term to srt out business (of which there have been loads of landlordy repairs to do on every property - leaks everywhere - and two tenants checking out, and in), then up to our eyeballs in the rain and storms and trying to make the static safe for the babies (now toddlers), then son ill, now double chicken pox in the twins! All exacerbated by the usual problems with internet and phone connections that you get when you move house.

I really haven't taken a breath since we moved out at the end of May and it's still ongoing as one twin is only brewing chicken pox, whereas the other is full on spotty. I'm not really sure what day it is half the time. How can life be so busy????

I've only read the three posts that are above this and I know I can't catch up tonight cos of sickly children, but I am really touched by your concern. Thanks folks and I hope to be back to normal service soon.

We are having fun in the caravan (will post a pic in due course) but the weather has been atrocious - it has rained forever, of biblical proportions. We've not been flooded, but plenty others have in the county. And the wind....
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's great to see you here rozee, if only briefly. You 'disappeared' around the time of all the storms, which made it a little scary. :eek:

Sounds as if you have your work cut out, but at least we know you're OK now! :)
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Options
    Good to hear from you, rozee. Hope life gets a little less frantic, all signs of spots soon go :D & you can find the time to pop back in here more frequently.
    In the meantime, good luck & enjoy yourself :beer:
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Rozee, sunshine your way Sunday I think.

Now, has anyone tried (successfully) to restring a 3M traverse curtain track while looking after 3 gds at the same time??

"Grandad, can you open this please?" as I'm up the steps trying to hold the end of the track and fix it to the brackets with my weaker hand and hard up against the wall :D.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    Hi Rozee, sunshine your way Sunday I think.

Now, has anyone tried (successfully) to restring a 3M traverse curtain track while looking after 3 gds at the same time??

"Grandad, can you open this please?" as I'm up the steps trying to hold the end of the track and fix it to the brackets with my weaker hand and hard up against the wall :D.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: its called multi tasking !!!:rotfl::rotfl:

where's your "feminine side " ????;)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    :j:j HIYA ROZEE .....:j:j
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    evening all

im off to [fingers crossed weather wise] see my lad jump from a plane tomorow :D

hope they dont cancel AGAIN :( SHOULD BE OK...

we are going in my van [salisbury] and my son nags me for the duration of any lifts i have given him re the state/smell of the interior.........:o SO i have spent an hour emptying it [2 bin bags..:eek: ] and then hoovered...and then round to the jet wash...
    cleaned the windows from bimbles nose marks ..:o

and now it is clean ...:D 3 hours total..

my friend always laughs and says "only you can have a van like a skip with a bottle of chanel no 5 in the front pocket...."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure