Post Office Credit Card Online Payment?

Options
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I can't find anything...

I recently got a Post Office Platinum credit card to use abroad and have used it already to pay for accommodation and flights. I've logged into the site to pay it off and can't find anywhere to do so. Has anyone else got a Post Office credit card that can advise me?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never had a credit card before, so I haven't got a clue!

Comments

• WelshRarebit
    WelshRarebit Posts: 83 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2012 at 12:01AM
    Options
    There is no way to pay your bill online through their own website...or over the telephone come to that matter.

The only way to pay is either post them a cheque, over the counter at a bank or the post office or by faster payment from your own bank account to sort code 90-39-20 a/c 99943016 quoting your 16 digit card number as the reference. Or there is Direct Debit.
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    There is no way to pay your bill online through their own website...
    How very [STRIKE]20ᵗʰ[/STRIKE] 19ᵗʰ Century. :(
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • elm
    elm Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    There is no way to pay your bill online through their own website...or over the telephone come to that matter.

The only way to pay is either post them a cheque, over the counter at a bank or the post office or by faster payment from your own bank account to sort code 90-39-20 a/c 99943016 quoting your 16 digit card number as the reference. Or there is Direct Debit.

Great, thanks!
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    Their website is appalling - it can often give misleading information, for example telling you there is no balance when there is. Use with care. Once you get used to it it's not so bad.

I've found their call centres great though. I often have to call them when the card gets blocked overseas. They also do some reasonable BT offers too.
  • elm
    Options
    Their website is appalling - it can often give misleading information, for example telling you there is no balance when there is. Use with care. Once you get used to it it's not so bad.

Yes, I've already encountered the missing balance!
  • malcolmffc
    Options
    Why haven't you set up a direct debit, at least for the minimum?
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    malcolmffc wrote: »

Er why should the OP?
  • elm
    Options
    malcolmffc wrote: »

As I said, I've never had a credit card before, so I'm not really sure of the best way of paying it off. Is this the best way? I will be paying it off in full every time.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, setting up a DD is the best way if you want to pay in full each month.

Call them up and make sure you say you want to pay in full. You will need your bank account number, sort code and address.

Be aware that it probably won't be set up in time to pay this months statement so you will have to pay that manually, eg at the Post Office counter.
  • giblet10
    giblet10 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know their application criteria? I've got the usual bank account and mobile for several years showing greens plus a credit card with £500 limit...

Do you think I'd get one?
    Never argue with an idiot. Especially not this idiot because I'm always right anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure