Address for DWP Official complaints ?

Options
50Twuncle
50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 5 February 2012 at 11:08AM in Benefits & tax credits
Could someone please give me the address for DWP Official Complaints to be sent to - Email or preferably Snail Mail ?
I have found the CRU but this just deals with compensation claims - I want answers not money...
Thank you

Comments

• sleepless_saver
    Options
    Depends which bit of DWP it is. If it's a jobcentreplus issue then formal complaints go to:
    Chief Executive
    Jobcentre Plus
    6th Floor, Caxton House
    Tothill Street. London SW1H 9NA

See link for how to complain including links to addresses for other bits of DWP.
  • AsknAnswer2
    Options
    It depends what stage the complaint is at and which area of DWP the complaint is about. In the first instance the complaint should be made to the office dealing with your claim. If the response is not satisfactory then there are escalations. The CEO will not normally deal with complaints directly unless the complaint has been through each of the relevant stages; they will refer your complaint back to the appropriate office to respond.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/contact-us/complaints-and-appeals/
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 February 2012 at 12:22PM
    Options
    It depends what stage the complaint is at and which area of DWP the complaint is about. In the first instance the complaint should be made to the office dealing with your claim. If the response is not satisfactory then there are escalations. The CEO will not normally deal with complaints directly unless the complaint has been through each of the relevant stages; they will refer your complaint back to the appropriate office to respond.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/contact-us/complaints-and-appeals/

The complaint is regarding incorrect info given to HMRC about income from benefits during last tax year (apparently DWP informed HMRC via deduction cards that I was given two seperate (identical) payments for ESA) And this year - that I received over 10 (TEN !!) times the money that I actually received..
    I have P45's that show otherwise.
    This has obviously affected my tax coding for this year and next year...
    So that would be a complaint to whom ?
    I get the distinct impression that someone in DWP has a vendetta against me ?
  • steve1980
    steve1980 Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    Options
    Have you spoken to HMRC about it?
    Estate Agent, Web Designer & All Round Geek!
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    21Twinkle wrote: »
    The complaint is regarding incorrect info given to HMRC about income from benefits during last tax year (apparently DWP informed HMRC via deduction cards that I was given two seperate (identical) payments for ESA) And this year - that I received over 10 (TEN !!) times the money that I actually received..

Don't you think the rational explanation is a simple error?

have you seen source documentation that shows that DWP overstated the amount rather than HMRC committing an error?

I'd suspect all of this is done automatically anyway, rather than by manual intervention. The DWP payment system feeds the exchange of info to HMRC; HMRC take that info and apply it to tax codes.

Do you have a reason why someone in DWP would have a vendetta against you?

:cool:
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

The HMRC did similar to your first situation to me... they applied two sets of identical JSA incomes for 08/09 and my associated refund from the DWP. At first they said probably the DWP had supplied the information twice to them.. but later they apologised and admitted it was their fault.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • AsknAnswer2
    Options

To ESA (this comes under Jobcentreplus) - the same office that appears on your ESA benefit letters. They should respond to your complaint within 10 working days.

If you are unsatisfied with their response, you escalate the complaint to your District Manager - your local jobcentre will provide you with the name and contact address for the District manager. Again, they should respond within 10 working days.

If the second response is unsatisfactory, then you complain to the CEO (contact details are in post 2). The CEO (or one of the CEO's staff) should respond within 15 working days.

If you remain disatisfied, you can complain to The Independent Case Examiner (ICE)

Independent Case Examiner
    PO Box 155
    Chester CH99 9SA.

Finally, if you are unsatisfied with the response from ICE, you can ask your MP to refer your case to the The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

The Parliamentary and Health Service
    Ombudsman
    Millbank Tower, Millbank
    London SW1P 4QP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business