Stupid question!

Pippin12
Pippin12 Posts: 525 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
My contract with Vodafone is due to expire in almost three months time so I upgraded with E2Save yesterday (still on vodaphone and keeping the same number). Do I have to contact Vodafone to let them know I have taken out a a new contract (so that I don't have two contracts running simultaneously) or will the second contract automatically take over from the first one as it's on the same number? Sorry for the stupid question but I've never been in this position before!

Comments

• steve1980
    steve1980 Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    You can't upgrade with 3 months remaining unless Vodafone have offered the deal directly. You'll be paying 2 bills for three months.
    Estate Agent, Web Designer & All Round Geek!
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 31 January 2012 at 9:23AM
    Well, e2save say different:
    Depending on which network you're with you can apply for an upgrade at different times from the end of your contract. 90 days for Orange, 60 for Vodafone and 30 for O2, or Three.
    And this is what Vodafone say:
    Can I upgrade my phone before the end of my contract? Pay monthly
    You can normally upgrade 90 days before your current price plan ends.
  • MissKeith
    MissKeith Posts: 751 Forumite
    steve1980 wrote: »
    You can't upgrade with 3 months remaining unless Vodafone have offered the deal directly. You'll be paying 2 bills for three months.

Wrong. The remaining three months will be tacked on to the end of the new contract.

OP, you don't have to contract Vodafone if you've upgraded, it should transfer automatically but do keep an eye out on your account in case you've signed up to a new contract inadvertently. If it is definitely an upgrade then you don't have to worry.
    Have I helped? Feel free to click the 'Thanks' button. I like to feel useful (and smug). ;)
  • Pippin12
    Pippin12 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Many thanks for all your replies. I've checked my account online and the new contract is on there and is the only one showing up so I think it's worked ok.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    why do people come out with some crap before reading thing?

steve places like p4u etc work on behalf of the networks and if the network has an upgrade policy they let you do it through another source
    What goes around-comes around
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport