could i miss the train

Options
2»

Comments

• Rochdale_Guy
    Rochdale_Guy Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Options
    i will be in London saturday and Sunday next week,,i would like to go on the London eye ,,, what are the ques like??? and what would be a good time to go on the saturday,,, im there until about 6pm sunday,,, im not prepared to give up to much of my day any advice please

That was from another of your posts made last year. I take it you didn't go by train to the big smoke on that trip that?

Obviously not!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options

and you get 20 minutes free parking at Piccadilly, plenty of time to park, go upstairs and print your tickets out from one of the lovely grey and red Virgin machines :)

You'll be on your way in no time.

So, who is the cheapest online track ticket provider? Surely "Virgin trains" site is as it's there trains?!

Come off it.

Delivered to your door for free is clearly a better deal than having to go and collect them from a machine. (And there are hoops to jump to do with the card you take with you!).

You can get them from the machine if you really want to with transpennine, and get the cashback too!

Who told you it takes 6 month to come? Not true!

And its a bonus - you pay the same as you pay virgin (without any postage to pay)!
  • Rochdale_Guy
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Come off it.

Delivered to your door for free is clearly a better deal than having to go and collect them from a machine. (And there are hoops to jump to do with the card you take with you!).

You can get them from the machine if you really want to with transpennine, and get the cashback too!

Who told you it takes 6 month to come? Not true!

And its a bonus - you pay the same as you pay virgin (without any postage to pay)!

I so love tittle tattle wars, ha ha :T

Well, maybe the mysteriously absent plumber carl regularly passes Manchester Piccadilly or one of the other 900 stations listed on that link I kindly provided for him, so he'd rather call into one while he's out about busy fixing peoples blocked toilets? (probably blocked with scrumpled up envelopes from train tickets people bought online and had them delivered BTW!)
    (And there are hoops to jump to do with the card you take with you!).

Oh I know. Last time I tried to get into my nearest station I couldn't move for bloody clowns, jugglers, hula girls, bearded ladies and other associated circus folk and carnies with their bloody hoops in the way of the ticket office..... :rotfl:

We shall see what plumber carl says when he's back online. :T
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That was from another of your posts made last year. I take it you didn't go by train to the big smoke on that trip that?

Obviously not!
    I really cannot understand why you chose to drag up that thread.

But since you have, I am surprised you didn't spot another thread where the OP told us...
    on the Friday the 5 august 2011 we will be going to London arriving by coach...
    So Rochdale_Guy, you were right... the OP did not go go by train then.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,852 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    dzug1 wrote: »
    A few companies (not Virgin) do discount if it's their own tickets.

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but you used to get 10% discount on the Virgin site if you paid with a Virgin Credit Card...
  • plumber_carl
    plumber_carl Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 January 2012 at 10:38AM
    Options
    thank you all for the many replies,,, as i now know the train will now go to nuneaton due to works ,, its reassuring that that the trains run about every 20 minits or so to London,, is that still the case form nuneaton?? I was thinking that if i missed my connection i could have a seven hour wait for the next train,, in which case mega bus would be the best option,, the differance in price between the buss and train is small so i was looking for the easiest option
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 January 2012 at 10:55AM
    Options
    thank you all for the many replies,,, as i now know the train will now go to nuneaton due to works ,, its reassuring that that the trains run about every 20 minits or so to London,, is that still the case form nuneaton?? I was thinking that if i missed my connection i could have a seven hour wait for the next train,, in which case mega bus would be the best option,, the differance in price between the buss and train is small so i was looking for the easiest option

You'd have saved a LOT of time and aggro if you'd actually said what date you were travelling rather than wiffle waffling about a 7 hour wait and being all coy about the date

Assuming it's Sunday 8 April (you STILL haven't said) there's an hourly service via Nuneaton with a half hour or so wait. You are not going to miss it barring a disaster

But the EASIEST option is the bus. You won't get lost.
  • plumber_carl
    Options
    sorry,,,,,,, yes that is the date
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills