PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Grocery Challenge - February 2012

Options

Comments

• FrugalLina
    Options
    I spent just £3.73 at L!dl today, I went in for the big bag of onions - such good value - but I also wanted one or two other things. But, I didn't buy the butter I wanted because it is now £1.19, I am sure it was £1.10 just a short while ago - am I dreaming it? Does anyone know any cheaper places for butter? It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just plain old butter.
    31.5/100
  • MunniMuncha
    Options
    FrugalLina wrote: »
    I spent just £3.73 at L!dl today, I went in for the big bag of onions - such good value - but I also wanted one or two other things. But, I didn't buy the butter I wanted because it is now £1.19, I am sure it was £1.10 just a short while ago - am I dreaming it? Does anyone know any cheaper places for butter? It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just plain old butter.

Frugal, if you have a farmf**ds near you then they have butter at buy 2 for £1 EACH - sorry not sure of the price if you only buy one tho. Its really nice too
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!:rotfl:

June GC - £352.04/£350
    SP challenge 3P £171.28:j:j:j
  • FrugalLina
    Options
    Ooh, thanks MunniMuncher, there isn't one near where I live, but I will be near one on Friday for work, so will pop in and get a couple!
    31.5/100
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another £2.76 spent today in B &m on some cereal bars, chow main sauce.

I had a lovely lunch out with mum for her birthday so won't be needing a dinner.

Tomorrow I will be needing some of my flavoured water but it's coming up the cheapest at Mr A and I am really not keen on shopping there....too many uncontrolled children :eek:
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oooh, is that the drink or the confectionery?

It's the eating kind!

Spent £1.59 today in Mr T and £24.82 on stocking up in !id! which brings me up to £237.43 so far and just over a week to go. Am so hoping I can do it!

Helen Jelley, I'm happy to just update in my signature as I also obsessively write everything down in my diary at home!
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ooh, thanks MunniMuncher, there isn't one near where I live, but I will be near one on Friday for work, so will pop in and get a couple!

Asda have Country Life butterinoffer for £1 if you only want to buy one. I am thinking of stocking up on this,
    Slimming World at target
  • MunniMuncha
    Options
    Frugal, if you see double cream reduced, you could make your own? nom! nom! nom! ;)
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!:rotfl:

June GC - £352.04/£350
    SP challenge 3P £171.28:j:j:j
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    spent £20 at Home Bargains today but that did include toilet rolls.kitchen rolls and toothpaste ...also topped up with some treaty bits for kids.
    Then £6.50 in Al**is..picked up 3 bags of crisps...kids like them and 10 in a bag...only around 5/6 in a bag even at £land,a full cucumber, tom sauce, also got a dozen seeded bread cakes for tomorrows tea..HM burgers..hotdogs if anyone wants them and salad..kind of an indoor barbie lol.

Hoping for a NSD tomorrow...I wont be going shopping but DD1 is passing the big MrTs:eek::eek:
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all!

no SMs for me for the 2nd day in a row :)

And i can totally vouch for the fruity pancakes on the 1st page of this thread, me and kids made them and they were lovely!
    http://www.cheap-family-recipes.org.uk/recipe-breakfastfruitypancakes.html?opt=rbreakfast
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Barbeduk wrote: »
    Helen Jelley, I'm happy to just update in my signature as I also obsessively write everything down in my diary at home!

You can probably tell I'm a bit obsessive with keeping track of my spending from my sig :o

Whatever's easiest for you Helen, I honestly have no idea how you manage to keep track of all the budgets :Tand it must take hours and hours .....
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure