6 replies 1.2K views
digpdigp Forumite
2K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
are there any deals available for getting this? thanks

Replies

• HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt waste your money, I had it and very little difference IMHO, not £120 for a years worth anyway.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • robredzrobredz Forumite
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Sky HD is 720p or 1080i so not full HD anyway, you would tell the difference between Sky HD and Blu-ray, and Sky wouldn't be the one that looked better
  • Half the programmes on the Sky pay channels must also be upscaled rather than full HD anyway?? More and more BBC, ITV and C4 programming is in HD now but from what I've told all these niche channels with a HD presence on Sky are not always in native HD anyway.
  • custardycustardy Forumite
    38K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neil201 wrote: »
    Half the programmes on the Sky pay channels must also be upscaled rather than full HD anyway?? More and more BBC, ITV and C4 programming is in HD now but from what I've told all these niche channels with a HD presence on Sky are not always in native HD anyway.

you can set the sky guide to show what is true HD content with orange text.
    as for HD not being noticable? think you need a bigger/ better TV!
  • almillaralmillar Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can't tell the difference between an HD and SD picture, you need to either check your eyes or your TV equipment, seriously! It's easier to tell the difference in certain scenes, and in some scenes you may not see a difference, but the clues in the name, definition - you're looking for better details, like faces in the crowd at a football match, an out of focus arty shot of something won't show up the difference. All UK HDTV is BROADCAST at 1080i AFAIK.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support