Programmes "un-setting" themselves on Sky+. Why?

I've a few programmes that are set to record the full series, and they do this perfectly fine.
Take for example - Crimewatch.

Then out of the blue, the setting seems to have disappeared. This has happened a few times.
Example - Crimewatch is on tomorrow, i checked that it was set to record - it wasn't.

Does the programme have to be shown again within a set period of time? Such as if more than 31 days between the two, the setting is deleted, or what?

Why is it doing it? I've missed a few various shows because of this.

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Could be the start of a PSU failure,especially if it's a Thompson box.
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    I'd be a bit disappoint that were the case as the box is only 18months old. As for the make of it I'm not sure tbh.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 27 January 2012 at 12:18AM
    The 'series link' flag has to be set by the broadcaster for each episode and, if they forget for one, subsequent episodes will no longer be linked. I think it was the old Paramount channel that used to forget very often.

Unless you regularly check they're still there, the first you'll notice* is a missed episode.

* or perhaps you won't. :cool:
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    K_P83 wrote: »
    I'd be a bit disappoint that were the case as the box is only 18months old. As for the make of it I'm not sure tbh.

The PSU (Power Supply Unit) can fail anytime,Thompson fitted really cheap & cheerful ones,I was swapping new boxes that had only been installed a couple months when they failed.Eventually the box wont turn on but before that you'll have any number of problems,failed recordings,they wont playback ect...
    If you press services,scroll to settings,drop down to details & press enter,it'll tell you the make in there at the bottom.
  • Niv
    Niv Posts: 2,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I Have noticed this when I have had a power cut. Have you had a power cut recently? It could be responsible.

Niv
    YNWA

Target: Mortgage free by 58.
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    No, no power cut. If we had, i'd have put it down to that.

The box is an Amstrad one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport