PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Scottishminnie - that has been mentioned by one or 2 relatives...! Apparently they believe the word has gone round the local cats that we're pushovers. They'd be right.....!!
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    FTM - I've just thought - do you know the NZ women's rugby team are called the Black Ferns?

We also have:

Silver Ferns - netball
    White Ferns- cricket
    Tall Ferns - Basketball
    Kiwi Ferns - rugby league
    Football Ferns - soccer
    Ice Fearnz - ice hockey
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all,

A beautiful morning here, bed stripped, first load in the WM. Have been up since 5, Himself still not sleeping well and Flora decided to join in as well. She decided to charge up and down the stairs and wanted to play so in the end I thought I may as well get up.

FTM DD is not too bad at all thank you. Not nearly as much pain thank goodness, but has accepted she will always have some pain. Waiting for next appointment with Surgeon, and if x ray shows more healing hopefully she will be able to drive. She is having fun with the new Tablet she bought, as she says not bad for a technaphobe:)

I had some work done on this laptop and I lost all my passwords over the weekend, and I had the devil's own job sorting them all out. I know you are not supposed to write down passwords, but how on earth do I remember them all?

We want to finish the front garden off this morning before it becomes too hot. We have a very large shrub which is in dire need of a haircut, and the garden refuse is collected tomorrow so will try to fill the bin up.

2 grand children coming for their dinner tonight, so a roast is in order because their Mum never does one. I think I might just be melting in the kitchen this afternoon, but dessert will be icecream. They break up from school next week, so probably won't see quite so much of them, you know what teenagers are like, they seem not to surface very early:) I did suggest that we took them for a carvery during the holiday and they seemed very keen on that.

Well have a good day all

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all..phew its warm..the sun has disappeared on us but crikey its warm..

Hoglet..a postcard would be amazing..and wow you got to meet them..jealous here. We love the All Blacks..and Fern was excited to know all the sport teams are Ferns..

Candlelight..so glad your girl is ok..sending her hugs..a roast on a day like today..o candlelight you are so soft bless you..i hope they appreciate it..a carvery sounds even better..

SM..You are more than welcome to come and have a dip in our pool..its not too big but big enough..

MLW..o i hope your dd is ok..baby ezra is in good hands with you..hoping she gets better soon.....enjoy your stay..

got to go..just a quickie..going to sit outside and have a lolly
    love to you all
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone :-)

FTM - postcard winging it's way to the girls shortly :-)

Candlelight - I totally understand about the passwords - it's awful trying to remember them all isn't it

We've had a southerly wind blowing for the last few days and it hasn't half made a difference to the temperature. 3 degrees over night last night and it doesn't feel much warmer this morning. It was 16 degrees last Sunday! I appear to be coming down with something so I've been wrapping up warm.. got my thermals on sitting at my desk, I must look a right sight!

Well Alfie is trying out patience at the moment... having eaten through 2 phone chargers earlier in the week I bought a new one and made sure I put it in a drawer when it wasn't in use. Well he ate through that one as well whilst it was being used! I'm making do with charging from the stereo at the moment, I am not spending another $30! Just as well he's so cute when he comes for a snuggle...

DH has been chosen to be assistant referee for a much higher level rugby match this weekend, he's really pleased! The highest level he's done so far is under 13s, and this is an adult semi final match, I'm so proud of what he's achieved in such a short space of time.

Have a good evening everyone :-)

Hoglet x
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Morning all,

Well it was a very eventful night, with heavy rain, thunder and lightening. Flora didn't like it and found it difficult to settle. Thankfully this morning, it is much cooler, but threatens to be even hotter later.

Popping into town because I need a few things from the Pound shop and must call into Boots for my hair colour. Then off to DD who said she doesn't need to go shopping today, so a coffee and a natter and then home again. I thought it was next week the grandchildren finished school, but it is today, much to their joy.

Elder GD is in Dublin for 3 days and has texted me each day to let me know she is enjoying herself, she has gone with girl friends (I think it is a Hen weekend) I love her to bits she is such a thoughtful young lady.

Nothing much planned for the weekend, must go to Costco to stock up on Sunday and then Himself will be watching the German Grand Prix.

Have a good weekend everyone, and hope the weather doesn't affect you too much.

Lyn hope you have had a lovely time with the Zebra child.

Sara give the girls a hug from me, and ask them if I could put my feet in their pool, just to cool them, you understand:)

Much love

Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone

Just a quick note to say we had Alfie into the vets tonight with a lump on his back. Vet had him into surgery straight away, looks like it's an abscess from a fight, which is the best result it could have been. He's in the vets overnight and hopefully home tomorrow, with a drain for a week or so to get rid of anything lurking in there. Poor boy, we love him so, even tho he eats everything in sight. We wouldn't want to be without him now so feeling very grAteful for having a lovely vet who took him straight into surgery and rang me this evening to let me know how Alf was getting on :-)

Hoglet x
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hoglet you must be so worried, poor Alfie.

What a lovely vet as well, you are lucky to have him. I hope Alfie continues to improve and Flora sends lots of hugs.

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you Candlelight and Flora, good vets are worth their weight in gold aren't they. Always needed in a crisis!

Should be getting him home in a couple of hours
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    That's good Hoglet, I think he deserves a little bit of spoiling poor lad.

Candelightx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport