Toisa Discussion & Questions Board (Merged)

12346»

Comments

• donerkebab
    donerkebab Posts: 177 Forumite
    Finally took the plunge - transfered my Tessa only ISA -> Direct ISA in branch - took over 50 mins not impressed :mad: Also now tell me the accrued interest will not be payed /transfered across until 1st January next year!!! Is this the normal - surely if I transfered to an external ISA they woudl pay interest up to date of transfer.

Also not too impressed when calling their direct ISA customer services - when dialling the number from saynoto0870 as opposed to the 0870 ripoff they charge am told if I phone again using this number it will be recorded on my account. Hmm Natwest / HSBC etc have no problems with this so why does it matter to Alliance & Leicester - could it be the revenue generated when kept on hold for over 10 mins!!!
    In the words of Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY"
  • Martin

Is this still a good time to move into a stock market linked TOISA like the Birmingham and MIdshires 5 year bond?

David
  • When my TESSA matured in 2001, I moved the £9K into a product run by
    the HSBC which was called "Performance Plus ISA" designed for TESSA
    reinvestment. Basically, if you left the money in for 5 years, the product is
    wound up and you are guaranteed to get back your original investment plus a percentage (capped at 50%) of how much the FTSE has risen.
    When this product expires (June 2006 for me) I want to know if I can
    move the money into my Virgin stocks and shares ISA ?
    The only other relevant point I can think of is that the documentation for the "Performance Plus ISA" says that it is a cash ISA
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No you can't transfer it to a Stocks & Shares ISA I'm afraid. TESSA only ISAs (as was) can only be transferred to Cash ISAs.
  • isasmurf
    HMRC have issued some clarification to ISA managers on TOISA transfers, confirming they can be transferred to any TOISA, Mini Cash ISA, or cash component of a Maxi ISA.

See the HMRC clarification

I've updated the FAQ to include the above link.
  • maxi_isa
    maxi_isa Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can I simply transfer a TOISA to create a new ISA account without having to open a new mini ISA first with this years allowance? When I tried to do this with the Halifax they wanted a mini ISA to be opened first.
    Who offers the best home for TOISAs (highest rate for £9,000 and no penalties for moving)?
  • Hi,
    My mother has a maturing toisa which I believe she can just transfer into an existing mini cash isa account that she holds - could someone confirm this at all?
    The mini cash isa account she has is an A&L which is paying the 4.5%+0.7% bonus till 30/04/07 (i.e. 5.2%) which is the best rate I have found for either a toisa or an isa at the moment; are there any other recommendations at all?
    Many thanks for any help
    cheers
    chazman
  • isasmurf
    chazman_uk wrote:
    Hi,
    My mother has a maturing toisa which I believe she can just transfer into an existing mini cash isa account that she holds - could someone confirm this at all?
    The answer is two posts above yours.
  • I have an isa which i bought from legal and general a number of years ago using my £7000 allowance. It will mature shortly, can i pay the proceeds into a cash isa in addition to my cash isa annual allowance.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport