We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Help MBE grow his dinner 2012

Options

Comments

• hazzie123
    hazzie123 Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have Flyaway Carrot seeds to sow,to join the carrot competition what do I need to do?
    Debt Free Date:10/09/2007 :j :money:
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    hazzie123 wrote: »
    I have Flyaway Carrot seeds to sow,to join the carrot competition what do I need to do?

Stump up £5 and grow the heaviest carrot possible by halloween. :D

Sadly, this is a local competition amongst a few friends using a single packet of seed. However, if you want to compete virtually, with no prize money available or at stake, you'd be welcome. :)
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    hazzie 123,
    looks like MBE is a bit afraid of too much competition. :D He thinks that because he won the longest bean against his mates, he hasn't got too much to beat if he keeps the entries limitted. :whistle::whistle::whistle:
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    hazzie 123,
    looks like MBE is a bit afraid of too much competition. :D He thinks that because he won the longest bean against his mates, he hasn't got too much to beat if he keeps the entries limitted. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

I'm still waiting for the picture of your bean John. C'mon, don't be shy! :p

You are welcome to try and grow a carrot heavier than mine. It's just that there will only be honour and pride at stake rather than cold hard cash. ;)
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    I managed to pressure-wash the patio before it got dark:

DSCF3267.jpg

I'll see about a better photo tomorrow when the light's better. :)
  • lisakay_2
    Options
    There's not much lotty action been going on this week, except planning. Having a bonfire on sat with a load of old rotting wood from the lotty and a load of furniture that a friend of mine wants to get rid of. we're having a bbq too, our first of hopefully many this year:D.

tonight me and the squiddlies put down an old shower curtain in the living room and sowed red alert tomatoes, sage, rosemary, thyme, orange thyme, basil and a few snowball turnip.

we've used the aldi compost and it's lovely, nice and fine. think i'll pick up a couple more bags this weekend.
    freecycler and skip diver extraordinnaire:cool:
  • lisakay_2
    Options
    oh, and i may have got one over on the kids. instead of using labels in pots this year i have written on masking tape and stuck that on instead. will just have to be careful when watering to make sure they stay legible until ready to pot on/plant out! last year they moved all of them, hid some, swapped some, added their own...
  • kara7758
    Options
    Today was so lovely and sunny and I had a day off work. I sowed some Padron peppers ( my mama bought back some seeds when visiting family in Spain) some Pepino's (spanish cucumbers) and 3 types of toms. Also got my raised bed ready for square planting, just need to fill it and put the 5 bags of chicken compost I got from feecycle last Nov in the compost bin. Blimey did it stink!! Chicken noodle soup and bread made. Makes me all look forward to retiring so I can be busy pottering every day, not just one. Only another 6 years to wait...............:)
  • lisakay_2
    Options
    only 6 years Kara? I'm a bit jealous ;) by the time I get to the current retirement age it will very probably have been raised again!
  • hazzie123
    hazzie123 Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I shall join in a virtual carrot competition :)
    Debt Free Date:10/09/2007 :j :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport