txt from dwp

Options

Comments

• Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    edited 1 May 2012 at 10:43PM
    Options
    Yeah, the link is legit but I can't find anyone else who has received this message anywhere apart from this post on MSE. The link given is https://www.direct.gov.uk/benefits which is the mobile version of http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/index.htm

The actual message is: Neglecting to tell the the DWP about a change in your circumstances promptly may result in action being taken against you. For info visit https://www.direct.gov.uk/benefits.
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    anubis have you had any change of circumstances?
  • Anubis_2
    Options
    woodbine wrote: »
    anubis have you had any change of circumstances?

No, but with the WFI interview that hubby rung up about, they mentioned it was a mistake. He rang them on Monday.

She said it was a mistake that he shouldn't have got a WFI and not to worry. She said I was exempt. She said the reason why we had got it is because they had it down the I was a carer rather than hubby.

However, I find this difficult to believe because he is my appointee and all letters come in his name, the CA is in his name (we have letters to show that) etc.

However she told him they will correct it on their systems and not to worry. Today, we both received the text message at exactly the same time, so I am wondering if her correction triggered it?

It seems the most logical explanation to me, but it's strange there is no more info about these on the net. He did fill in an A2 form about three months ago and we got a response everything was the same. So this is the only thing I can think of.
  • Anubis_2
    Options
    Ok something is wrong, going to have to ring them tomorrow.

Just checked and my money has gone in and there is TOO MUCH!

I have accounted for the rises, checked what I am supposed to be getting and there is £65.20 too much for the two week period....

Breaking that down to split into two weeks, it looks like they have added another carers premium on ( 2 x 32.60 ) = £65.20

So it looks like they haven't amended the change correctly.
  • Chrissiew
    Chrissiew Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    Anubis wrote: »
    Ok something is wrong, going to have to ring them tomorrow.

Just checked and my money has gone in and there is TOO MUCH!

I have accounted for the rises, checked what I am supposed to be getting and there is £65.20 too much for the two week period....

Breaking that down to split into two weeks, it looks like they have added another carers premium on ( 2 x 32.60 ) = £65.20

So it looks like they haven't amended the change correctly.

Oh Crap:eek: I got paid last Tuesday, the first ESA payment after migrating from IB and I got £65 more than usual, I havent said anything because I thought it was due to rises and change overs, the letter I recieved about the change over just told me that I would be getting what I normaly recieve on IB plus the general increase, Im due another payment next Tues so if its the same amount I wont be too worried as it could be right, if its a lower amount then it looks like I owe them money, I will give them a ring though to make sure.
    not all on benefits are scroungers and don't need to be bullied!
  • Anubis_2
    Options
    Chrissie was it £65.20 more than usual?
  • Chrissiew
    Chrissiew Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    Chrissie was it £65.20 more than usual?

Yes it was, I should have got £210 which includes the rise, but I got £275
    not all on benefits are scroungers and don't need to be bullied!
  • Anubis_2
    Options
    Strange. We are ringing JC today. I don't want any overpayment hanging over my head. I haven't been migrated to ESA yet AFAIK - no form, no letter etc so it can't be for the same reason as yours (first transfer.)

I am pretty sure now though the text message is sent out when any changed are made on the system (or so it would seem....)
  • Anubis_2
    Options
    I can't get this overpayment sorted, just rang again and told everything is correct. Did you ever find out if yours was correct Chrissie?

I'm panicking I don't want it building up. It's only been a couple of weeks or so but still. Im wondering if a recorded letter would be better since we have phoned twice already?
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    I can't get this overpayment sorted, just rang again and told everything is correct. Did you ever find out if yours was correct Chrissie?

I'm panicking I don't want it building up. It's only been a couple of weeks or so but still. Im wondering if a recorded letter would be better since we have phoned twice already?

Once you become aware of an official error, you cannot treat money subsequently paid as yours.

Opening another bank account - with interest - and paying it in is the safest course of action.

Alsternatively, you could ask for a breakdown of where it comes from - you may have missed something you're entitled to!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure