🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Unpaid water for 18 months

Options
Drea
Drea Posts: 9,892 Forumite
Hi

I'm looking for some advice.

I moved from Scotland to Cardiff around 18 months ago and have been renting a flat since then. I'm now moving out of the flat on 12th February and my partner mentioned setting up water bills in our new house.

In Scotland the water is tied in with the council tax so it doesn't get paid seperately, I just assumed it was the same here and so have never even thought anything about it but apparently it is seperate and I should have been paying it.

Question is, what should I do now? Do I phone someone up and try to find out how much I owe? Could the landlord or management company have been paying? (I don't really want to ask the landlord as they'll get angry at there being an unpaid bill). Should I keep quiet?

It's really stressing me out that I potentially have a huge bill somewhere. There have never been any bills or letters sent to the flat for it so I just never knew.

Thanks
Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.

Comments

• Drea
    Drea Posts: 9,892 Forumite
    Options
    Phew, I phoned the water company and found out that the management company were paying it.
    Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.
  • kittyJ_2
    kittyJ_2 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bet that was a big sigh of relief :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income