How can I watch Virgin TV upstairs in my bedroom?

Options
I want a second tv so I can watch TV in bed. I have Virgin cable and cannot get any reception locally for Freeview or radio. So a freeview box is out. I dont want freesat, can I get some sort of wireless connection so I can watch tv upstairs?:think:

Comments

• JABWootton
    Options
    if you have virgin BB you can get a free v-box from VM and put it upstairs just call them and state you have VM BB.
  • danthemoneysavingman
    Options
    or a 'magic eye' works for some if you have a box downstairs already
    Let me Google that for you...
  • JohnG
    JohnG Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    or a 'magic eye' works for some if you have a box downstairs already

Please advise where you get a 'magic eye' from? :j
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Cheapest & easiest it a wireless video sender,you can get these from Argos for around £25.
  • JohnG
    Options
    JohnG wrote: »
    Please advise where you get a 'magic eye' from? :j
    It's OK I've found some on Amazon - presumably though it will still mean connecting the Bedroom TV Aerial input to the Main Virgin Media Cable downstairs - wil need to look into it further?

Incidently, I can't see Virgin providing a second V+ box for nothing. I've been considering their Tivo box and then keeping our current V+ box for upstairs but they will apply £49.99 fee to do so I believe?

Sorry Chickenbrain to jump on yr thread - hope you don't mind :beer:
  • danthemoneysavingman
    Options
    hi john, you shouldn't need cables all over the house - that's the point of it!
    Let me Google that for you...
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wanted it down in the basement, so I just called them and the chaps came round and installed an extra cable linked to a V box (not V+), free of charge. It's been great ever since - I don't need to record my programs in multiple rooms.
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • JohnG
    Options
    hi john, you shouldn't need cables all over the house - that's the point of it!

Thanks Dan, I'll shall be purchasing myself one of those then, they're very cheap so think it's worth giving it a try :j

:beer:
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JohnG wrote: »
    Thanks Dan, I'll shall be purchasing myself one of those then, they're very cheap so think it's worth giving it a try :j

:beer:

hold on,hold on
    are you thinking one of these will work?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SLx-Magic-Eye-Extender-Sky/dp/B0009D5VX4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326711934&sr=8-2

this kit is so you can change the channel on the downstairs box,while watching a feed from that box in another room.
    you still need a feed to the 2nd TV
  • JohnG
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    hold on,hold on
    are you thinking one of these will work?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SLx-Magic-Eye-Extender-Sky/dp/B0009D5VX4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326711934&sr=8-2

this kit is so you can change the channel on the downstairs box,while watching a feed from that box in another room.
    you still need a feed to the 2nd TV

Oh dear thanks. I've ordered one now so will see what it can do when I get it. I could rig up a cable connection if that's needed but didnt really want to have to do that. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure