DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 8

Options

Comments

• Bettingmad
    Bettingmad Posts: 715 Forumite
    Options
    Co-Op have also recently bought 632 lloyds branches as well, so they are undergoing a large expansion.
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    hybrid wrote: »
    I have applied for a standard current account with Santander - am I likely to get rejected - I didn't ask for an overdraft facility, but do they do credit checks to see if I can bank with them?

We got a standard bank account with the Co-op and passed the credit checks but it was before we had ever missed a payment or been late with one. I doubt we would pass it now :o
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Bettingmad wrote: »
    Co-Op have also recently bought 632 lloyds branches as well, so they are undergoing a large expansion.

Yep and that's enough to put us off the Co-op, we don't want to bank with one of the big boys :(

Has anyone tried Handelsbanken? I heard a radio 4 programme about them at the weekend and they really do sound different and exactly what we are looking for. No staff bonuses, no sales targets, no call centres and local branch managers make the decisions, not central office. :T

Wonder if they will let us have an account :think:
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yep and that's enough to put us off the Co-op, we don't want to bank with one of the big boys :(

Has anyone tried Handelsbanken? I heard a radio 4 programme about them at the weekend and they really do sound different and exactly what we are looking for. No staff bonuses, no sales targets, no call centres and local branch managers make the decisions, not central office. :T

Wonder if they will let us have an account :think:

Yes I heard that programme too and was impressed. The big banks now just want to sell you a product and make big profits. There seems to be a movement to go back to old fashioned banking where they take the trouble to get to know you as a person or get to know your business. They tailor the products to suit the need, rather than sell you stuff you don't want or need. Like PPI for example.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • poppy52
    poppy52 Posts: 186 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    poppy52 wrote: »
    Hi everybody.

I am in the sixth year of a debt management plan with Payplan. It has gone well and I have paid a huge amount off my debt. Payplan is currently negotiating full and final offers with my creditors who are being very slow in responding. What I am really afraid of is if they put back all the interest they froze - this is keeping me awake at night. I've not thought much about it all in the last few years - just made the payment every month and got on with my life. But now it's nearing the end I am getting depressed about it all - what if they don't accept the full and final offers (about 75% of the debt) or put huge interest payments on? They can't do much to me - I don't own a house or car and am semi-retiring at the end of the year to move in with my partner. I just want to start a new life with him and forget the last few years of debt!

Went away for a couple of days and have come back to a door mat full of letters from creditors threatening me with all sorts for having stopped paying into my debt management plan. No, I haven't - Payplan is negotiating full and final offers and they are aware of this. They never give up - they seem to enjoy threatening.
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    poppy52 wrote: »
    Went away for a couple of days and have come back to a door mat full of letters from creditors threatening me with all sorts for having stopped paying into my debt management plan. No, I haven't - Payplan is negotiating full and final offers and they are aware of this. They never give up - they seem to enjoy threatening.

Just make sure you keep paying the agreed payments until the F&F's have been agreed and paid hun.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The lesson I have learnt today is that different departments of companies don't talk to each other. UDS which is the debt collection part of E-On rang OH and badgered him about his bill which is overdue, he explained that we were on a DMP with CCCS and that they had been informed and should have received a letter from the CCCS by now, the guy checked his notes and said oh yes we received that letter and your account has been passed back to E-On. - Why blooming ring then??

Then MBNA rang complaining that the account is overdue payment hasn't been made, no it's not overdue and yes payment has been made, no it hasn't, yes it has, back and forth then he checks his system to see that payment has been made and there are no arrears on the account either like he keeps telling me there is, apparently we won't be getting anymore phone calls, we will see though.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • Luis_the_magician
    Options
    WOW!

I took the plunge and rang 5 of my 6 creditors last night, as i have not heard anything since CCCS sent my proposel.

ALL have frozen charges and interest for at least 12 months and accepted the proposel. Cant believe it. So for all those worried and just starting on your DMP like i have, keep the faith. I found all the creditors to be really pleasent, not pushy, not judgemental. Cant tell you how relieved i am.

On a side note, does anyone know if there is a problem with the CCCS website? For some reason i cant access it.
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    WOW!

I took the plunge and rang 5 of my 6 creditors last night, as i have not heard anything since CCCS sent my proposel.

ALL have frozen charges and interest for at least 12 months and accepted the proposel. Cant believe it. So for all those worried and just starting on your DMP like i have, keep the faith. I found all the creditors to be really pleasent, not pushy, not judgemental. Cant tell you how relieved i am.

On a side note, does anyone know if there is a problem with the CCCS website? For some reason i cant access it.

Hi, Welcome and Well done,

.....and to Hybrid too.

Sounds like you are both doing well, here's to a smooth start up.

HHx
  • Quillion
    Quillion Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Options
    I am in a position to pay off my DMP Am i better off leaving payplan to negotiate a full and final figure or doing it myself. Thanks in advance x
    :beer: Officially Debt Free Nov 2012 :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport