E: Regularly updated - Puzzler.co.uk prizedraw answers

Options

Comments

• Strepsy
    Strepsy Posts: 5,651 Forumite
    Options
    Strepsy - I am sorry that you assumed the worst of me.

Here's what I replied on Loquax:

I fully appreciate the answers the effort that fellow MSErs put in to posting the answers here. It is very kind and I can personally say that I haven't/wouldn't copy/paste answers here to another forum...it is an unacceptable practice on Loquax.

All I can do is accept your explanation and if I've caused you undue embarrassment over a misunderstanding then I'm very sorry. I've no reason to doubt your word. Thank you for responding.
    I've been lucky, I'll be lucky again. ~ Bette Davis
  • josie301
    josie301 Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Personally I would prefer to keep this thread here.

If people want to steal the answers passing them off as their own then that's up to them - does no good for their karma. ;)

I have seen several incidences of comps appearing on Loquax then within 30mins appearing here - don't know if it's coincidence with so many being signed up to the same email newsletters up dates etc.

The loquax community is huge - I've seen 400+ people thank for a post so imagine how many don't!

Fair enough if you want to add a link, but I'm sure there are others on that site who post their own answers.

:)
    Jo x
    2007:£5181.09 2008: £6619.70 2009: £4284.49 2010: £5213.14 2011: £4980.62 2012: £3188.52 :)

• dribsndrabs
    dribsndrabs Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    Strepsy wrote:
    All I can do is accept your explanation and if I've caused you undue embarrassment over a misunderstanding then I'm very sorry. I've no reason to doubt your word. Thank you for responding.

Thank you. Hopefully, no hard feelings :beer:
    Thomas Jefferson: "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." :idea:

Woody Allen: "If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank". :think:
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree with what you are saying strepsy, there are no easy answers.

Samf, I suspect you are mssing very few comps because many comps posted on here originate from the main site of Loquax.

I think there are a few issues in the Loquax/ mse thing.
    It is frustrating for individuals here who spend time and money doing comps like puzzler only to have them posted over to Loquax.
    It is also frustrating for Jason, the site owner on Loquax, when posters here simply copy (sometimes on a big scale) links from his site onto here without acknowledging where the comps are being sourced. It is his buisness, which he has worked hard for 8 years to build up, and he puts in hours getting those links in the first place.

Loquax posters are now benefitting from Jason's decision to keep the forums restricted, but it still does not prevent copying to other sites

I would like to see us working with Loquax on this issue and co-operation is always more productive than conflict. I know some posters do work with him already.

I hope I have said nothing to offend anyone. I just would like to see harmony between the two sites.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Prudent
    Options
    Josie some comps do appear on both in a short space of time because many experinced compers source their comps from emails which tend to be sent out to a large number of people at the same time. I often post something on either here or there from an email then go to the other forum to post and find out it is already posted.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • kit34
    kit34 Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    well im not going to post on loquax it takes me all my time to keep up on here but im not bothered if our answers as posted there aswell as long as the loquax poster is not credited with doing the work , i mean to be honest most people are on both sites in some form or other , i have joined up with loquax but not really used it as i dont understand it as well as i understand this forum
    my name is Kit and im addicted to competitions , the what if is my driving force :D !!

• Prudent
    Options
    I know what you mean kit34 is is a lot of work posting on two sites.I think your response is very fair. Most of us simply don't have the time to do both. I am not sure how you will be able to stop Loquax posters getting the credit though.

Puzzler answers are the only thing that seems to be unique to this forum. Most comps simply circulate round the different comp sites, often being copied and pasted by compers. We do need to bear in mind that many of the comps we have on here are here because they have been copied and pasted from loquax.

I only tend to use the forums on Loquax as most of the comps on the main site are on here anyway. I do use the regional forums a fair bit and win well with them. There is only a small group of posters on the regional forums, so I try to do my bit too. I think the regional posts are perhaps the only ones that are not widely circulated around the comping sites.
  • Prudent
    Options
    I have just seen the thread posted on Loquax by Jason asking Loquax members not to copy and paste from other sites.

http://forums.loquax.co.uk/showthread.php?t=144790

Hopefully this will mean an end to the copying.
  • dollop
    dollop Posts: 2,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how often are the puzzles updated on the puzzler site,as i tried doing a few of them lastnight and i had already enetered them.can someone tell me please?many thanks in advance dollop.
    It`s getting to the point
  • catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dollop wrote:
    how often are the puzzles updated on the puzzler site,as i tried doing a few of them lastnight and i had already enetered them.can someone tell me please?many thanks in advance dollop.

I think they're fairly random, I normally check every couple of days or when someone comes on here and says there is a new one. Also, the answers for the magazines (which could be weekly or monthly) are posted on here too so I just update them according to this :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure