Forum Home» UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments» Theatre, Concert & Events Tickets

MSE News: Window open to sell London 2012 Olympics tickets

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Window open to sell London 2012 Olympics tickets

edited 6 January 2012 at 4:24PM in Theatre, Concert & Events Tickets
8 replies 2.6K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
edited 6 January 2012 at 4:24PM in Theatre, Concert & Events Tickets
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Fans who no longer want their Olympic or Paralympic tickets can sell them from today, while there's also a chance to buy ..."

Replies

• netimkanetimka Forumite
    1.7K posts
    ✭✭✭
    dissapointing as the first time around...showing lots of tickets for tennis but when you choose them none of them you can buy... maybe someone else will be morte lucky...
    This will be mine in 2009 member's club no. 359 :happyloveCash £1000+, Holiday, Handbag
    Aug wins: The Good The Bad The Weird On Blu-ray~Benecol Bag for Life

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
  • moneypoohmoneypooh Forumite
    2.2K posts
    I did get some badminton tickets today for the early rounds, pleased with that :) All other tickets showing loads but none available. So far DS happy with badminton, but I'll need tennis for DD and canoe slalom for DH to keep everyone happy, I'll keep trying...
  • kizkizkizkiz Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Ticketmaster mess up again.
    Suspended while they sort out their systems
  • poppy10_2poppy10_2 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    kizkiz wrote: »
    Ticketmaster mess up again.
    Suspended while they sort out their systems
    Yep, the site's down, they were offering tickets for sale that had already been resold.

Why did they entrust the bullying megacorp Ticketmaster to run the site? Just asking for trouble. They got to their dominant market position by crushing their competitors, not by offering a superior service.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16430850
    poppy10
  • A_Flock_Of_SheepA_Flock_Of_Sheep Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can have my ticket - it's all a load of craaaaaaap
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    "We have temporarily suspended the ticketing website while Ticketmaster investigates ticket resale issues that some customers have been experiencing. This website will reopen once Ticketmaster has resolved these issues."

Trying to access my account and this message still comes up after 48 hours.

When will Ticketmaster solve this mess they've created??
  • edited 17 January 2012 at 9:35PM
    cepheuscepheus
    20.1K posts
    edited 17 January 2012 at 9:35PM
    Edit Sorry the ticket resale is still suspended, a change in the site seemed to imply it had restarted.
  • So now instead of trickling available tickets in there will be an almighty rush in April to buy them?
    Ticket resale update
    From 3pm today, you can submit to the resale programme any tickets which you purchased through London 2012 but are no longer able to use. You have until 6pm on 3 February to submit tickets. These tickets will be made available to the public from April 2012.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support