PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Options

Comments

• Catslovelycats
    Options
    Hi rosyq. welcome!
    I know what you mean about keeping up.
    I have a word document where I list my declutters. Then I just cut and paste onto here. I am enjoying looking back at how much I've cleared!
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just a quick post with regards to paperwork that you need to keep. If you pay into a works pension, just check that your contributions are on your P60's. If they are not then you might need to keep your March payslips too. One of my colleagues was telling me about a friend of hers who lost 9 years of her pension contributions because the hospital she was working at was demolished and she didn't have any March payslips.
    Can you believe that, losing 9 years worth of contributions :eek:.
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    A lot of the advice we have been giving you is about cutting corners and I have 'A' levels in cutting corners, but my dear old Mum who was a real cleanie and born organiser (the cleanie gene missed me) used to say, "Look after the corners and the middles will look after themselves." It seemed to work for her, I just mention it in case it resonates with anyone. She also had a wealth of tips..beds were never unmade they were 'airing', washing was never just hanging around, it was 'soaking' (in the days befor WMs). But the one which I have found most useful is, ' spray polish on the radiators. If people smell the polish they never look for dust.'

Perhaps her reputation was unmerited!:rotfl:

Basically, as long as the kitchen and bathroom are clean I wouldn't worry overmuch about the rest, just do what you can when you can and get on with living your life. There will be time enough when the littlies are at school for faffing about with the 'Ideal Home'.
    In the meantime remember what miracles you can perform with a damp cloth and a swoosh round with the vac.;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I have done the polish on radiator thing - I was a nanny at the time and was supposed to clean the living room... I cba so just sprayed polish about the place - when they got home they commented on how lovely and clean the place was :D

So I confirm, it works!!!

Also, beds should be left to cool and air after you get out of them! All day if necessary ;)
  • Trying_really_hard
    Options
    After having a day where work really got on my t*ts, I managed to declutter the big bar of chocolate left over from Christmas. :o

Will calm down and then come and have a catch up for motivating me for the weekend tidy up!
    How long til pay day? :eek:
    March Grocery Challenge - £69.54 / £300
  • ticklepenny_2
    Options
    Thank you everyone :D I am building up a word doc of everything so I can have a demessifying bible to refer back to (without logging in and wasting precious cleaning time looking at all the different threads mse has to offer as is usually the case)

I do wish they would teach this stuff at school, would have preferred it to PE :D and it would actually be useful.

Been a busy bee and have just sat down after HM chicken donners nom. So the kitchen looks reasonable sides are clean and clutter free(ish), sink is empty as I have actually washed up everything rather than leaving a few bits to add to the morning washing up. Oh and the sink is now all sparkly :D The washing and tumble drying is done, kids are fed and watered and just about to be bathed before bed. Then its time to tidy and vac the front room Woohoo!

I do wish I had ventured onto OS board sooner. You are all lovely, thank you for all your top tips and positivity :D
    x
    DS1 arrived 22/02/11! 8lb3oz
    DD1 arrived 20/05/09 10lb3oz
    *Post Baby Weight loss start 23st5lb [STRIKE]now 19st 13lbs[/STRIKE] Post pregnancy weight #2 22st3lbs now 20st12*
  • black_cat
    black_cat Posts: 703 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Managed to get these to the charity shop:
    2 pairs of trousers
    1 skirt
    1 nightie
    1 jumper
    1 knitted waistcoat
    All too big so I'm chuffed!

33/100
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you everyone :D I am building up a word doc of everything so I can have a demessifying bible to refer back to (without logging in and wasting precious cleaning time looking at all the different threads mse has to offer as is usually the case)

I do wish they would teach this stuff at school, would have preferred it to PE :D and it would actually be useful.

Been a busy bee and have just sat down after HM chicken donners nom. So the kitchen looks reasonable sides are clean and clutter free(ish), sink is empty as I have actually washed up everything rather than leaving a few bits to add to the morning washing up. Oh and the sink is now all sparkly :D The washing and tumble drying is done, kids are fed and watered and just about to be bathed before bed. Then its time to tidy and vac the front room Woohoo!

I do wish I had ventured onto OS board sooner. You are all lovely, thank you for all your top tips and positivity :D
    x

Well done :T
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 January 2012 at 8:26PM
    Options
    Hi rosyq. welcome!
    I know what you mean about keeping up.
    I have a word document where I list my declutters. Then I just cut and paste onto here. I am enjoying looking back at how much I've cleared!

You're right about keeping a list - this evening I've done all these
    1 lots of mags in recycling
    2 OH mags ready for him to collect later
    3 Daughter's clutter to her room - does that count as it's still in the house?!
    4 books onto shelves instead of the floor (der!)
    5 sat nav recycled (though not posted yet, I'll do that tomorrow)
    6 old cards cut up to use for lists just like my Mum does oh dear!
    7 1 book listed on Amaz but probably doesn't count until someone buys it?
    8 old oven gloves in the bin

I feel great now!

Happy decluttering
  • Aarons_mummy
    Options
    I got rid of a frying pan, egg slicer, odd casserole lid and a pancake maker today.

Also chucked 2 bags of general rubbish from nooks and crannies.

2 more cardboard boxes recycled.

2 more plastic bottles recycled.

Takes my total up to 58/100
    Credit Card: £796 Left/£900 October 2011 :eek:
    Store Card: £100 October 2011 :o
    Declutter 100 Things In January 100/100:j:beer:
    No Buying Toiletries 2012
  • jess1011
    jess1011 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have a link to the sealed pot challenge please? I'd love to fond out what it's all about? Xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure