hoilday to turkey for a family of 5 may 2012.

Options

Comments

• stolt
    stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for all the replies, have looked at villas but as its the first time away in about 6-7 years then we wanted all inclusive and just basically not worry about anything, want the kids to enjoy themselves etc, i think once we have a few trips under our belt the villas will be the way forward for us.

is the weather generally good in may in turkey, the pools warm etc. due to someone at work also having the time booked off i may have to bring ours forward to the 22nd may and come back 31st may. just wondered if may would be too cold, the pools etc.
    Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
  • rachhh
    rachhh Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I searched using travel republic for hotels for 2 adults and 3 kids in Oludeniz and found some lovely hotels at decent prices so maybe try that site, or onthebeach.co.uk?
    Started 30/08/2011
    Biggest Wins: GHD's, 5* Trip to London, VIP Trip to Isle of MTV Festival in Malta.
    Thanks so much to all who post :)
  • stolt
    Options
    rachhh wrote: »
    I searched using travel republic for hotels for 2 adults and 3 kids in Oludeniz and found some lovely hotels at decent prices so maybe try that site, or onthebeach.co.uk?

thanks, our neighbour suggested onthebeach and it worked out about 5k for the 5 of us. Travelrepublic is a bit dearer than thompason etc, but yes got some good deals and the dates we want to go. one thing with travelrepublic when you pick your flights it shows low cost airlines wihtout saying the name of them, is that ryan air or som company like that?

thanks
  • stolt
    Options
    hi all , looking at the delphin diva or delphin palace, has anyone stayed at one of the so called family duplex rooms, trying to google to find out what that means.
  • rachhh
    Options
    stolt wrote: »
    thanks, our neighbour suggested onthebeach and it worked out about 5k for the 5 of us. Travelrepublic is a bit dearer than thompason etc, but yes got some good deals and the dates we want to go. one thing with travelrepublic when you pick your flights it shows low cost airlines wihtout saying the name of them, is that ryan air or som company like that?

thanks
    I've booked a few holidays through both sites and it's always worked out cheaper than I've found anywhere else. Yes, it's usually Ryanair but sometimes easyjet, I've never had a problem with either of these airlines and I fly 2 or 3 times a year with them, but I understand some people's feedback may put you off. There's also lowcostholidays.com you could try or even teletext holidays? They may be better for family deals, or at least worth a look!
    Started 30/08/2011
    Biggest Wins: GHD's, 5* Trip to London, VIP Trip to Isle of MTV Festival in Malta.
  • stolt
    Options
    rachhh wrote: »
    I've booked a few holidays through both sites and it's always worked out cheaper than I've found anywhere else. Yes, it's usually Ryanair but sometimes easyjet, I've never had a problem with either of these airlines and I fly 2 or 3 times a year with them, but I understand some people's feedback may put you off. There's also lowcostholidays.com you could try or even teletext holidays? They may be better for family deals, or at least worth a look!

thanks i will check those out now. think we have settled on a hotel delphin diva, its the flights now!!!!!!! we was hoping to leave after to arrive around tea time but the return flight is arriving early hours.... :mad::mad:
  • rachhh
    Options
    stolt wrote: »
    thanks i will check those out now. think we have settled on a hotel delphin diva, its the flights now!!!!!!! we was hoping to leave after to arrive around tea time but the return flight is arriving early hours.... :mad::mad:
    Yeah I always find flights want to be at odd times! It might be worth getting the best price you can find online and ringing the hotel to see if they'd be prepared to beat that if you book directly through them, they may not be but it's always worth a try!
    Started 30/08/2011
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    May is a good time for Turkey with little ones. It's usually hot and sunny during the day, but not unbearably hot, and warm enough to walk around in t-shirts/sundresses in the evenings. Occasionally it can be cool though, so take a light jacket/cardigan just in case! Pools and the sea are warm enough for swimming.

Unfortunately a lot of the flights are night flights :(

Did you know about the £10 visa fee? You need to pay £10 each when you enter the terminal building on arrival for a tourist visa. They like a £10 note for each person and they don't like Scottish notes.

Also don't buy any food or drink in the airport as it's scandalously overpriced. Best to have a meal before you leave, or take a picnic and sit on the floor in the check in hall before you go through passport control.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • stolt
    Options
    Becles wrote: »
    May is a good time for Turkey with little ones. It's usually hot and sunny during the day, but not unbearably hot, and warm enough to walk around in t-shirts/sundresses in the evenings. Occasionally it can be cool though, so take a light jacket/cardigan just in case! Pools and the sea are warm enough for swimming.

Unfortunately a lot of the flights are night flights :(

Did you know about the £10 visa fee? You need to pay £10 each when you enter the terminal building on arrival for a tourist visa. They like a £10 note for each person and they don't like Scottish notes.

thanks for that, weather sounds perfect for my little lot then. didnt know about the £10.00 visa fee aswell, so will keep that at the back of my head , thankyou for the tip.

one more question, anyone stayed in one of these duplex rooms, tripadvisor someone advises its in the roof and of course it gets very hot up there. google not helping with a pic which is unusual.
  • stolt
    Options
    sorry another question, cos i really dont know what i'm doing, there is a section about checking in baggage, as we will only have two suitacases, should i only tick the two adults... as it says ''
    Important Information

As you have more children than adults in your party, 1 or more of the children may have been priced at the full adult fare. The selected (low cost) carrier charges for ALL checked/hold baggage. Passengers wishing to check in upto 20kg of luggage may do so for an extra charge. If you require this service, please ensure you have selected the "checked-in luggage" option for each passenger and it is included in the costing for your booking. To add baggage later will incur a higher charge.

Please note that some imported alcoholic drinks are free of charge in Ultra All Inclusive option while charged in All Inclusive option.''
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure