hoilday to turkey for a family of 5 may 2012.

Options
stolt
stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
edited 29 December 2011 at 10:11AM in Overseas holidays & travel planning
hi been looking at holidays to turkey (royal wings in antalaya has been recommended by several mums at school). we have three girls of 9,7,5 and we have never been away before as a family.

i've been trawling all the websites over the last few days and the choice is overwhelming.

I thought i had got it down to a couple of resorts then i read reviews on tripadvisor and well it can have a 100 good reviews and one negative and it puts me off lol;), i want it to be perfect, the girls are excited about going in the pools etc and well me and the missus are really looking forward to letting them have fun and relaxing with a week.

The trouble is i'm struggling to find a room that takes 2 adults and 3 kids, most say 4 maxon the websites, i suppose i will have to phone one of the agents to try to see if that is bendable, or perhaps room upgrades are availible on the phone and not on the net.

i like the look and sound of these three hotels in antalya...

concorde de luxe resort
http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holidays/turkey-antalya-holidays/lara-beach/concorde-de-luxe-resort/

lara beach hotel
http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/turkey/turkey-antalya/lara-beach/hotels/hotel-lara-beach.html

Limak lara hotel - http://www.onthebeach.co.uk/hotels/turkey/antalya/lara/limak-lara-hotel?mv_pc=googlecpc&gclid=CKnMvfH-pa0CFaEhtAodjiyXng

thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully help me..
thanks
Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!

Comments

• Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I think you've got to take some of the trip advisor reviews with a pinch of salt.

We stayed in a hotel in Olu Deniz in Turkey (which is a fantastic resort for families if you want to check it out!). It was all-inclusive and the food was mainly Turkish food. It was freshly prepared, well presented and tasted fabulous. The majority of guests enjoyed it including my children.

However there was one family who whinged constantly about it. They wanted bacon and sausages for breakfast and complained every day that neither food was available. At lunch and dinner they complained as the hotel never served fish fingers or chicken nuggets, so they claimed the hotel wasn't child friendly.

They're just the type of people who would go home and write a review saying the food was rubbish, when really there was nothing wrong with the food, it just wasn't what they wanted to eat.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    I've never seen rooms there that sleep 3 adults and 3 kids.
    I would also second Olu Deniz before Antalya.
    travelover
  • stolt
    Options
    thanks for the heads up, will check that out... ive edited my original post, its 2 adults and 3 kids... sorry
  • stolt
    edited 29 December 2011 at 11:11PM
    Options
    i spoke to first choice today and she said the out fo the 3 hotels only one would house 5 people, most only 3 as they are luxury hotels, she reccomended the holiday village in sarigerme. looked on trip advisor and i get all funny when i read just one bad report even if the even side of it are good ones....

are there any particular hotels in olu deniz that you would reccomend shortlisting?

thanks
  • Becles
    edited 30 December 2011 at 12:09AM
    Options
    I've been to the Alize twice and they do have five bedded rooms.

Food was good as I said and the pool is big with a water slide that runs every afternoon. There's a good baby pool for the younger one(s) to splash in.

There is a small hotel run children's club and they run pool games and sport activities for a couple of hours every morning and late afternoon. Everyone is welcome to join in. There is evening entertainment which is a mix of professional shows coming in and the usual cheesy hotel entertainment you expect in these places!

Hotel is towards the back of the resort, but it's a fairly quiet resort so everything is within walking distance. You're at the top of the main strip which has plenty of bars, shops and restaurants, then there are more along the sea front and in side streets. There's a dolmus and plenty of taxi's if you want to travel up into Hisaronu which is a bigger and livelier resort in the mountains, or to Fethiye which is the nearest city and a nice place to look around. Lots of other stuff to do in the area depending on your interests.

Everyone was nice and friendly and the children will get spoiled as they love children.

Would definitely go back to that hotel again.

Edit: here is there website http://alizeotel.com/eng/index.html
  • charlea
    charlea Posts: 256 Forumite
    Options
    ive been to olu denize and fethyie and would say that much nicer than antayla very pretty and yet not to small but not to big either and lots of little shops bars resturants markets ect

im pretty sure that the letonnia clube in fethyie sleeps five the rooms in the hills were huge but there are lots of step but its a fantastic resort if you go out of season ie may june then its pretty reasonable and its an amazing resort i honestly couldnt reccomend this resort enough for familes its perfect

the rooms are basic but clean and big and some are interconecting family rooms you dont have to leave the resort as it has everthing there you need but its only a short boat trip to fethyie ( the hotel has its own boat)

club sun city is another nice hotel as well my sister and family went there twice and said that its fab i did a day pass there its in olu denize
  • stolt
    edited 1 January 2012 at 9:47PM
    Options
    charlea wrote: »
    ive been to olu denize and fethyie and would say that much nicer than antayla very pretty and yet not to small but not to big either and lots of little shops bars resturants markets ect

im pretty sure that the letonnia clube in fethyie sleeps five the rooms in the hills were huge but there are lots of step but its a fantastic resort if you go out of season ie may june then its pretty reasonable and its an amazing resort i honestly couldnt reccomend this resort enough for familes its perfect

the rooms are basic but clean and big and some are interconecting family rooms you dont have to leave the resort as it has everthing there you need but its only a short boat trip to fethyie ( the hotel has its own boat)

club sun city is another nice hotel as well my sister and family went there twice and said that its fab i did a day pass there its in olu denize

thanks for the heads up that looks nice aswell, trouble is its 1hr and 40mins for a transfer, not sure if the kids will be upto that sort of time in a coach after stepping off a flight. club sun city is 2hrs, which is a real shame.
  • Becles
    Options
    I've been to the area three times and my bairns managed fine with the transfers. It can be a lot less time than that. On our best transfer, we went straight to Olu Deniz and were the second drop off, and it took about 50 minutes.
  • SteveJW
    SteveJW Posts: 715 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now the tunnel is open transfers are around an hour

We have been to Hisaronou in May, 5km from Olu Deniz, ok it is about 300 metres up in the hills but it can get rather cold on an evening. So maybe have some warm clothes.
    The beach at Olu Deniz is stony, as are many in Turkey, but those shoes designed for swimming etc were about £2 in 2011

Enjoy and let us know how you get on
  • SallyUK
    SallyUK Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Stolt

I always had that problem too when booking hotel rooms, so we started booking villas. Have you thought of that?

You can get some beautiful luxury villas quite reasonably priced and you can eat where and what you want whenever you want.

Sal
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family