~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~

Options

Comments

• sparkleychel
    Options
    afternoon all :D

not done much this weekend daughter had a party yesterday
    and has another this afternoon !
    will need to restock my pressie box soon !

doing quite well i think on swag at 400 and only joined this week
    is the £5 amazon the best deal on redeeming ?

hows things for you shop going elysia ? i have to admit i have done nothing , i get all the stuff together and think when the kids are in bed
    i'll do some bits
    then i can't be bothered and nothing gets done :o
    please kick me up the bum next week :D
    i hoping with husband back to work properly monday i'll get more done

done no ebaying either , not sure whether its too early for summer stuff
    i have loads of beautiful dresses from my daughter that i know will sell well , but not sure if i would be better waiting till march

so well done to all who haven't been lazy like me lol
  • Kit1
    Kit1 Posts: 422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

Newbie here. I have been watching this thread with interest and would like to have a go at saving and earning a little extra money.

I have signed up for a few survey sites but they seem to be a little slow but hoping things will pick up.

I would be interested in joining Viva and wondered if someone could point me in the right direction as so far I can only find one in the USA and it is not open to anyone outside.

Many thanks

Kit
    Stash Busting Challenge 2016 6/52
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all,

So glad everyone else has the same issues with their ohs too and it isn't just mine, he decided he was going to the pub last night only happens once every few months so can't make much of it but still annoying when we don't have spare cash - as he was walking home he past a charity shop and saw a cow rocker so picked it up and brought it home with him, i've cleaned it up and it has come up good as new and little one loves it. Know it is technically stealing but it is the charity shop that I take our stuff to (what I can't sell) so don't feel quite so bad.

Done a little rating this morning, going to copy a review over to dy now and then must get ready for work although having just had a big sunday dinner I don't want to go!!
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • cha97michelle
    cha97michelle Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

We're having another quiet day at home, so I am spending the day sat on the new laptop. It is taking me slightly longer than with the PC, but it was handy for working while doing the dinner.

DH is working tonight, so hoping to do a lot of rating tonight once the kids are in bed. I think I am missing some people. I have just been working through the latest reviews list so sounds like I am just not looking at times when you are there. I'll sort it.

I'll have some ironing to do too. Hopefully I'll get everything done.
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2012 at 3:43PM
    Options
    I know I'm missing some people on DooU and Chow, so I'll compile a list of everyone's usernames on there and pass it to everyone. :) I know the members from last year, but to be sure I don't miss anyone can you all pm me your DoU and Chow names before Wednesday? Thanks. :D

Sorry for the large font - it's just to make sure everyone notices. :)

Jedi - I think It means that although you can fund your bingo account with Paypal (I did), you have to redeem your winnings to a bank account (BACS). I didn't win, so it makes no difference to me.

Kit - hiya hun. Welcome to the thread. :) Would you like the spreadsheet to keep a track of your earnings? If you would, can you pm me your email addy?

Chel - I know exactly how you feel hun. I've got the shop set up, but it's not stocked with anything yet. I thought I'd do it when OH went back to work, but of course, he had this week off and I forgot about it, he originally told me months ago. :( I've got fat club in the morning, so I hope to do it in the afternoon. :) Thanks hun, that was just the push I needed. I'll show you the shop when I'm done. I'm stuck though, about how to pretty it up. Rufus said to use photoshop or something, but I don't have that. :(

I'm always here with a kick up the backside, if you need one. ;) Now get your finger out Mrs, and either get something listed on ebay or stock your shop. ;)

Emma - I hope your afternoon goes well. It's great about the rocker. Don't feel too bad. It'll be something else to review. :)
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • candyblue
    candyblue Posts: 640 Forumite
    Options
    WEll I have managed to list 14 items on ebay today very slow going was taking ages to get them listed, hopefully I may get chance to put a few more on later
    £23366/ £39206.92 DFD Nov 2016
  • scattymam1
    scattymam1 Posts: 1,045 Forumite
    Options
    :j congrats nicky and welcome to the world baby oliver xxx lovely news.

Well having a nsd today as we haven't left the house and do not plan to either. I was tempted to go to home bargains for toilet roll today, but then thought of the cost of petrol to get there and then the amount of money i would spend when i got there on lots of unnecessary items that just have to be bought cos they are a bargain. Tomorrow i will find a new supplier of toilet rolls at my local shops and save myself some dosh.

Then i'm going to visit my local charity shops for a peruse. Need to find some nice cheap fabric for kids aprons that i'm making :)

Anybody hear of when the boots 75% off sale starts?
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2012 at 3:48PM
    Options
    WOW - well done Candy. That's fabulous. :)

Scatty - it usually the third week in Jan - so I would guess roughly around the 21st or something. Don't quote me on it though. ;)
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 919 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope everyone is well and congratulations Nicky x

I have finally got through a weeks mystery shopping which is great when I get paid but tiring doing the jobs and filling in the forms at night. I will try to catch up with any rates I owe on DY and C and will also try to get a list of all the new names.

With V I have been on £22 for 3 weeks and just do not qualify for anything lately.

Hope all the ebay items you are all selling go well - I will have to leave that for a week until I can get a good list togther.
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
  • hollieinbloom
    Options
    Evening all!
    Been sewing ALL day long today!! feel rather shattered and want a cup of coffee to chill out with.
    Posted a review this morning and checked it this evening to find 28 ratings. :D
    Hope your all well and have been doing lots of money making :D

enjoy whats left of the weekend all! x

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport