~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~

Options

Comments

• lindsaygalaxy
    Options
    Well done with eby Joe. I have just listed 18 items on ebay - nothing special just some old DVDs, a couple of no longer played Wii games and some clothing (mostly given to me but not my type!). Now just hoping I got the postage costs about right. I once put on bundles of baby clothes but really underestimated how much they would cost to send and ended up just about breaking even!

I won't get to to boots 75% sale this year due to work - very disapointed :(
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • Charlie23
    Charlie23 Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm being really rude and not really replying to everyone's info at the mo, I loo on here during the day on my phone but can't reply cos i hate typing on it! Then i forget what i've read and there's usally 10 pages so i do apologise!

One thing i saw was about NickyBo, BIG Massive :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    for the birth of Oliver, am sooooooo happy that you had a good birth and less recovery than a section. Such brilliant news, it really made my day reading it.

Right i've just requested my first Sw*gb*cks amazon voucher which I'm really really happy about.
    I sold a chest of drawers and a toybox/ottoman today for £15 each on Facebook selling page. I must have done them too cheap as about 8 people wanted the chest of drawers but the main thing was that we were happy for £15, we got what we wanted. Also means that I'm £30 into the January challenge! :j:j
    I've just added 7 items to ebay - all kids clothes, got more to do but it won't let me, it keeps not showing the pictures :mad::mad::mad::mad: I bet if they do sell that they will go for 99p :(

Haven't managed to get the money tin yet, where can i get them from, being completely dim and can't think where from.

Right thank you lovely people for keeping me on my toes for moneysaving!!!! :D:D

Hubby goes back to work tomorrow :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • foxy219
    foxy219 Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    Quick question on tcb paddy power which bingo am I signing up to?
    Motto: You gotta be in it to win it!:j
    2015 Objective - Pay off credit cards/Overpay mortgage
    2015 Wins: Nothing yet, but keeping trying :T
  • hollieinbloom
    Options
    jamtart6 wrote: »

On £13 on Chow too - now the bonuses (i.e. toys and books) have ended, I'm not sure how to bump up this total? Do I just make money from reading and hoping others will rate me back?

ive been writing a review every 1-3 days and go and rate people whilst people are seeing my new review in the "new reviews" section.
    That way, people are doing it from there, then you are also getting more by rating other peoples reviews as some people do rate back!.

I hope that makes sense! :D xx

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
  • aspella
    aspella Posts: 988 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    foxy219 wrote: »
    Quick question on tcb paddy power which bingo am I signing up to?
    I've not done this offer but your signing up to Paddy Power Bingo. Search Paddy Power it will come up with Paddy Power Cashback up to £30.90, then click on the last one i.e. Active Bettor - Bingo £25.75 offer ends today.
  • foxy219
    edited 9 January 2012 at 8:56PM
    Options
    Ok, thanks to savvy for tcb referral, signed up :-)
    Also signed up to bingo, think I can spare a tenner and fingers crossed I get the cashback and hopefully a win too!
    Had a bit of bad luck today, played netball and went for a ball and think I've broken a finger! I'm okay here typing on my phone but god knows what I'm going to do at work. Can't get my wedding ring back on that finger :-/
    Managed to list a few items on eBay so
    fingers crossed for some nice sales!
  • Savvybunny2009
    Options
    I enjoyed the paddy bingo, last night was a late one as I was having so much fun, didn't win much and spent all the winnings. Nevermind. good luck foxy, hope you win big. No prob with the referall you are welcome and thank you :)

Sorry to hear about your finger, have you had it looked at? Hopefully it will heal quickly, when my mum had a broken finger she didn't realise but it healed in a week, think it was just a small fracture though.

Sounds like you have been busy Hollie with all that sewing, can I ask how you got into sewing? I would love to make clothes for my little one but no idea where to start, have very little sewing skills, the last time I used a sewing machine I was 12!

Right off to do viva and go to bed, long week ahead I think x
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
  • foxy219
    Options
    No not had finger looked at, it's all bruised around the knuckle and I can't bend it! May get it checked out later in the week.
    Plan on playing on bingo tomorrow, can't play on my phone :-(
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all, just sat waiting to do the school run and my god I cannot wait my two little darlings are currently fighting over a bowl of frosties!! Plan for today clean front room, clean out gerbils, do some washing, I have 2 shopping deliveries coming so will have to sort them and then lots of money making - I hope!!!
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Jammy well done with the Amazon totals, you are doing well with them. I prefer Am vouchers too if they do them on the sites I do.

OH is out today so I will go and get on with some sewing. Not sure what to sew yet lol. I will have to have a good think when I get up there.

I am close to a redeem on T, just need about 1000 points so hopefully will get that today if they have some quick polls etc to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure